Inserting clip file Woes

Started by Buzzzzz, March 31, 2007, 01:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzzzzz

Has anyone noticed this? After inserting a clip file in a tgd using an Imported terrrain you have to reload the terrain? What a pain in the Arse!

Oshyan

I can't reproduce this here with a basic test. Are there any other specifics involved in the problem?

- Oshyan

Buzzzzz

Quote from: Oshyan on April 01, 2007, 09:26:44 PM
I can't reproduce this here with a basic test. Are there any other specifics involved in the problem?

- Oshyan

Not really, I have a scene using a 4097 imported terrain. No matter what or how many clip files I insert into the scene each time I have to reload the imported terrain ( by un-checking and re-checking read from file) I don't know how much more specific I can be? It's that simple. It's not just this particular scene it's any scene I've worked with.  Don't worry about it, it doesn't seem to be that important. Just thought Planetside would like to know?

bigben

I haven't been able to reproduce this either. I have a clip file with 5 TERs but they all load correctly in a new document. Perhaps you could upload the clip file (without the terrains).

EmDee1

I experienced the same thing as Buzzzzz. Playing around to get familiar with the node network, I came up with a file, that consists of a Heightfield generated terrain, a Heightfield load terrain and a terrain made from a power fractal. When I insert a shader clip file, the terrain(s?) disappear. I could solve the problem by 1. generating the heightfield again after inserting the shader clip file, and 2. after that unchecking and checking the read from file button at the Heightfield load terrain.
I have included the tgd file, the clip file and the heightfield load terrrain. 

rcallicotte

I concur with Buzzzzz.  If I have more than one imported TER file, I sometimes (most of the times) need to reload the files.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

bigben

Quote from: EmDee1 on July 01, 2007, 02:49:13 PM
I experienced the same thing as Buzzzzz. Playing around to get familiar with the node network, I came up with a file, that consists of a Heightfield generated terrain, a Heightfield load terrain and a terrain made from a power fractal. When I insert a shader clip file, the terrain(s?) disappear. I could solve the problem by 1. generating the heightfield again after inserting the shader clip file, and 2. after that unchecking and checking the read from file button at the Heightfield load terrain.
I have included the tgd file, the clip file and the heightfield load terrrain. 

When you insert a clip file it should re-read all the TERs. In the TGD you posted the TER is a blending shader and the main terrain is a heightfield generate node. When I inserted the clip file I had to generate the heightfield again, but the TER was loaded correctly.

bigben

OK... I just had an error loading a clip file and then not being able to read an image... although at the time I had two instances of TG running (looking at the previous file). Modifying a TGD with another  instance of TG doing something else can be problematic in my experience, although it's probably not related to this specific problem.