Boom!

Started by Hannes, June 02, 2011, 12:43:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

It's great to misuse clouds for something they weren't initially meant for.
I used a lot of localised clouds for this.
Four layers with different density and noise settings for the ground, three stacked layers on top of each other with the same cloud fractal for the trunk (is "trunk" the right expression?), one for the mushroom, two for the ring (localised clouds blended by a distance shader), and one for:

clouds.

From next sunday on I'll be on vacation for two weeks. When I'm back, I'll try to animate this. I hope it will work.

Henry Blewer

This looks great. I was nuked several times in Civ 5. They did a far job animating a nuclear explosion. Yours will redoubtably be better.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Seth

holy shit ! I love this one !
good render dude !

Dune

Great render, Hannes. You deserve a little holiday after this blast off!

inkydigit

stunning recreation...love the light also...

Kadri

Nice image! Maybe not quite realistic but i like it :)

Is the light in the cloud post work , Hannes ?

Hannes

Thank you all. No, Kadri, it's an additional orange lightsource within the mushroom cloud with a very high intensity. The most difficult part was to place it in a way that there was no visible orange point, but some kind of equal scattering.

Zairyn Arsyn

excellent render Hannes... not the most realistic but its impressive nonetheless.
best Tg2 mushroom clould i've seen so far.

here comes the fallout... i've got some extra Rad-Away & Rad-X if anybody needs any. ;) :D
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

Kadri

Thanks Hannes !
I didn't tried much the light objects in TG2 .
But they looked mostly problematic for me  (grainy).
How long did take the render?

Hannes

Rendertime (2000 X 1125 px originally) was about six hours. The higher the cloud density the grainier it gets it seems.

matrix2003

Duck and cover! Awesome work.
-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

max_thehitman

That looks spectacular! Most excellent image!  8)

choronr

You can almost feel the shock wave ...great work here.

TheBlackHole

They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?