Planet spikes

Started by chefc, April 05, 2007, 12:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chefc

??? ??? ??? I know theres away to eliminate spike's but  :-[ I cant seem to recall
C & C  ;D
Chef C  ;)

Serving the masses  8)

sonshine777

Are you reffering to the forground surface or the planet in the background? What is the quality settings for your render? Looks pretty low try raising it to .7 or .85 :). You might also want to up the atmosphere and cloud quality.

rcallicotte

Hey, I like where you're going.  Don't stop.    :o --> Surprise us.

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

old_blaggard

Which spikes are you talking about?  I can see soem lines in they sky, but that's probably just due to the low quality render.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Cyber-Angel

You know those lines in the sky remind my of some of the early concept art for the motion picture Tron for some reason: I can't see spikes in the image, but I maybe looking in the wrong place: on the whole this is a great beginning here.

Edit:

On further examination of the image, are you talking about the vary small spikes on the planets rim? Which can only be seen if the Image is viewed full size.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel

chefc

Thank's all  I suppose a biit more info  Im referring to the spike's on the Planet (2) red as for the lines ( Bad cirrus clouds  >:( ) In looking at the file once again Inoticed that my Quality settings were @ default (probably why it only took 13 mins to render)  :-[

Chef C  ;)

Serving the masses  8)

old_blaggard

No worries ;).  It looks like a pretty good image, so I'll be eagerly awaiting the next version.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

sonshine777

Keep plugging away, practice make perfect. :) I'm with old_blaggard in waiting for your updated image.

chefc

Well after reading sonshine777 post on my detail and quality setting , I changed accordingly and tweaked the cirrus clouds to get both layer's to show 1 blue & 1 yellow ,as in my 1st posting ps2 they were not as apparent as I wanted them to be .

:D Render this time was 3hr 57 min  :-[ Thanks sonshine777  ;)
Comment's and Critique always appreciated  ;D 8)
Chef C  ;)

Serving the masses  8)

old_blaggard

Great job, Chef!  There are a couple of fractal lines visible in the lower right, but other than that, this is a great scifi image.

dhavalmistry

it would make the image more stronger if your suns were in symmetry...and I like your texturing....cool image...
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

sonshine777

Definitely an improvement by a long shot! ;D I agree with old_blaggard, try putting a power fractal shader with pretty fine numbers a far as settings go. Just enough to break up those fractal lines in the lower right.

You have a solid piece here keep it up! :)