Can you make a view from satellite camera with classic?

Started by Yuriko, June 21, 2011, 04:11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuriko

Hi there, i have a question again.

I see like a planet, Earth or Mars, you can make with Terragen2. however I've never seen like these on classic gallery. if someone knows it, how do you make the view which see from satellite in stratosphere.

it would have softly planet curving line :)

Or perhaps, There's no way with classic??

Regards

TheBlackHole

It can be done. Increase Sky Size to 16384 and increase the terrain point spacing to 60000 with planet curvature enabled. Set the clouds' density shift to -100 and double the half heights for haze, bluesky, and redsky. Cut their densities down from 20% to 10%. If you decide to generate a terrain, go into the modify window (accessible from the terrain window) and set the height range to somewhere around -0.5 to 0.5 terrain units, otherwise your planet will turn into an oversized asteroid. However, this will eliminate any form of slope, so distribute your surface layers using fractal noise instead of altitude/slope constraints. A surface layer set to white and distributed using a large-scale fractal will have the appearance of clouds.
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

Yuriko

Thanks so much for the answer :D

I'm really sorry that i can not get whole the way to your instructions due to a newbie for Terragen(and my less english understanding :-X ).

but I intend to study for making the scene as you teach. so I have a favor to beg of you, would you please show me the scene which you tought me? if you'd like..  It's ok easy fast making terra.

At first, let's try to do what I can do!

Arigatou :D

TheBlackHole

I tried my instructions and the result is horrible. I was just going off of memory when I did that. With complete disregard for the directions I'd written, I made a quick scene for you to play with.
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

Yuriko

Thank you so much for the example  and file! It's very much study for me.

Oh, please don't worry. if you'd give me a misdirection, I picked some points up which i got and your instructions were available. and I know you're Terragen power user.
As I see the tgw. and ter. you made me, following your example is more easy than words.

I'd like to say thank you so much again, and Very best Regards.

Yuriko

stuck

It was a loooooong time ago so I can't remember how I did it but I got TG Classic to produce this 'planet':
http://www.terragen.org/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-5281

stuck

Yuriko

Thanks and sorry for the late reply ;D

Yes, when i tried the terra curved, it'd similar result as you shown. then i got this was classic's limit.
Thank you so much for your post!

Yuriko