Black polygon in render output

Started by PeanutMocha, June 24, 2011, 03:53:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeanutMocha

I have a large black polygon in my render that I can't account for.  When I disable the heightfield load the polygon (and the terrain) go away.  When I preview the heightfield, it's clear that the polygon isn't coming from the heightfield itself.

Since the heightfield is pretty big it's too large to post, so I zipped the whole project here:

http://johannsen.us/TG2/Tg2Error.zip

Oshyan

This appears to be a rendering bug. We're investigating. In the meantime disabling Microvertex Jitter significantly reduces but does not eliminate the problem. It does also appear related to the extremely large size of this terrain as georeferenced onto the planet. You might try adjusting the georef positioning as I found that could also help, although I understand you may need the terrain to be where it is for other reasons.

- Oshyan

PeanutMocha

Thanks for the quick follow-up.  Any chance of a patch release in the near term to address this?   I'm on a bit of a timeline unfortunately.

FYI this seems to render fine in 2.2 free version.  I don't know how to download 2.2 commercial (only have 2.3)... emailed support separately about downloading.

Oshyan

A patch is not likely to be available in time to address your project need. I will send you the 2.2 links privately.

- Oshyan