Cloudy Mountain WIP *Updated* *Again 4/21*

Started by mrwho, April 05, 2007, 11:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrwho

Just focused on getting some fluffy clouds, haven't touched anything else. I'm thinking of reducing the cloud coverage, and making it into a snow-covered mountain range. I'm open to suggestions, and thoughts/comments/critiques are appreciated!

old_blaggard

I think the clouds look pretty good so far.  As a pure cloud exercise for low, wispy clouds, this is a success :).
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

rcallicotte

I agree with old_blaggard.  These are nice clouds.  Believable.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

dhavalmistry

if you want to make this as a final render...then I would change the camera angle and work on texture a little....besides that.....GREAT CLOUDS!!!  :)
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

sonshine777

Getting the clouds down is a great way to start a project, because it allows you to see where the shadows are going to be. I agree with dhavalmistry on the camera angle maybe a little bit lower and showing more sky (not much more). As for the surfacing there is a wide range from steep mountains to the valley areas in the distance. Snow on the mountains would be great maybe like a spring snow cover with green valleys below.
(Just some ideas) :)

You have a really nice start, keep plugging away and it will be awesome!

mrwho

thanks! I've made some slight changes to the clouds and lighting, but not sure if I'll keep them or not. I took a screengrab through ImageShack for people to look at (help to "right-click and view image" to see the details better)

old_blaggard

I like the slight orange glow you got with them.  Nice wallpaper too, by the way.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

dhavalmistry

I see you are playing Command and Conquer 3

AMAZING GAME!!!!!
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

mrwho

just the PC demo, I'm getting it for the 360

DiscoBall

Hehe, yep, I saw that 'Command...' folder as well :P

What games do you have? :P
Nice vista, btw ;)

Oh...well, your desktop was quite a distraction. Those clouds look nice, even though they are a bit dark ;)

mrwho

no, it's not vista. just a wannabe skin for XP  8) For the PC, I've got Half-Life 1 and 2 (awesome), the beta for lord of the rings online MMORPG, and a couple other smaller games. As for my image, I didn't like the way the clouds were turning out (as I last posted an image of them mid-render) so I'm going back to the way they were.

DiscoBall

really? from what I saw it looked good..oh well :) whatever suits you :)

Man we should start a 'Post your desktop!' section or Gaming section..it's becoming quite an attraction :P

You should try Battlefield 2 :P Now THAT is an awesome game :P

As for Lord of The Rings MMORPG, I saw that it looked really good. Arrows actually 'aimed', and other stuff. Looks fun, if it has mass battles that would just be awesome ;)

Oh..oh..I see you got ur C&C3 from Rapidshare!! :P :P

mrwho

well, i tried to when I posted the screenshot, but I'm not anymore. Here's the latest progress on the image so far. I'm still tweaking the colors, particularly the sky, but I'm satisfied with it so far.

rcallicotte

Beautiful sky.  Nice terrain.  Good clouds.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

old_blaggard

Beautiful clouds and great background.  Once you get rid of some of the fractal lines in the foreground you'll have a smashing image.