Terragen 2.3 Free Non-Commercial Edition

Started by Matt, July 01, 2011, 05:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

Terragen 2.3 Free Non-Commercial Edition is now available!

If you're using the Free Non-Commercial Edition, we hope you enjoy this update. If you're a licensed user of Deep Edition or Deep Edition with Animation then you're probably using 2.3 already, but if you missed it you can use the built-in Check for Updates feature to get access to 2.3.

Terragen 2.3 Free Non-Commercial Edition includes a number of important new features. For the first time 64 bit versions are available for users of this edition, allowing for much more complex scenes on systems with more than 4GB of memory and a 64 bit operating system. Other features include a new colour picker and node palette.

For more information, check out our 2.3 release page:

http://www.planetside.co.uk/content/view/65/100/

Download 2.3 Free Non-Commercial Edition here:

http://www.planetside.co.uk/content/view/21/36/

The Planetside Team
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Gooner

That`s great news! Thanks very much, I have been looking forward to this.

I`ve never upgraded TG2 before though. Do I need to uninstall the old one first ? I have Win7 64bit .

Oshyan

We do recommend uninstalling the old version first.

- Oshyan

Kadri

Thanks Planetside!
Not sure if everyone thinks like me , but you have one of the best approaches for preventing piracy of your software!
At least for reducing it ;)

Are there any changes since the commercial 2.3 ; bug fixes and so ?

Matt

Kadri, there is one fix in the Windows builds for a problem that occurs when two message boxes are shown at the same time. It wasn't possible to dismiss the message boxes. This is fixed in this Free Edition but not yet for the Deep Edition.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Gooner

Quote from: Oshyan on July 02, 2011, 02:22:27 AM
We do recommend uninstalling the old version first.

- Oshyan

Thanks. I`ll go ahead and do that then.

airflamesred

otakar

So I put the free 64-bit version on my notebook at work and it's flying! At least compared to my ancient (in computer terms at least) home machine. The notebook's got a nice M520 i5 CPU and 8GB RAM. Pretty amazing. Just don't tell my boss ;)

I really want the i7-2600 CPU, maybe when the prices drop some...