E-on's 3D Environment Competition 2011

Started by Tangled-Universe, July 08, 2011, 04:06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

Quote from: Walli on July 18, 2011, 10:01:42 AM
I think the better way would be to see if it is possible to create an open Environment competition, open to any kind of 3D application.

Agreed. While I'd love it if TG2 qualified for this one, it'd be even more interesting to see what people could do with other apps as well (e.g. 3DS Max, Maya).

- Oshyan

sjefen

Quote from: Dune on July 18, 2011, 03:19:27 AM
Do you think they would go for that, just one Vue tree in a TG2 render? We don't wanna be disqualified   :-\ If so, I'll have a go at entering. Only thing missing would be a (insignificant) self modeled Vue tree.... does anyone have one?

EDIT: This is one of the rules:
QuoteSubmitted images can be created with any version of Vue (Theme-Packs, 3D SuperHero, Frontier, Esprit, Studio, Infinite and xStream), including the free Personal Learning Edition and the free Vue Pioneer. Submitted images can also be created using the Carbon Scatter plugins.
So TG2 is not allowed, I'd say.

No. it says:
"Create an image of any kind of environment using your application of choice, in combination with any version of Vue"

Meaning I can use Terragen 2 if I want as long as I also use Vue. Combine them and it'll be just fine  ;)
Anyway. It would be really cool if someone here entered this using Terragen 2, win the contest and then when they find out you have been using Terragen 2, you would be disqualified for "cheating". Hahaha. It would be so hilarious  ;D

- Terje
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: sjefen on July 18, 2011, 02:16:34 PM
Quote from: Dune on July 18, 2011, 03:19:27 AM
Do you think they would go for that, just one Vue tree in a TG2 render? We don't wanna be disqualified   :-\ If so, I'll have a go at entering. Only thing missing would be a (insignificant) self modeled Vue tree.... does anyone have one?

EDIT: This is one of the rules:
QuoteSubmitted images can be created with any version of Vue (Theme-Packs, 3D SuperHero, Frontier, Esprit, Studio, Infinite and xStream), including the free Personal Learning Edition and the free Vue Pioneer. Submitted images can also be created using the Carbon Scatter plugins.
So TG2 is not allowed, I'd say.

No. it says:
"Create an image of any kind of environment using your application of choice, in combination with any version of Vue"

Meaning I can use Terragen 2 if I want as long as I also use Vue. Combine them and it'll be just fine  ;)
Anyway. It would be really cool if someone here entered this using Terragen 2, win the contest and then when they find out you have been using Terragen 2, you would be disqualified for "cheating". Hahaha. It would be so hilarious  ;D

- Terje

Ghehe exactly my thought :)
I remember more "I want a TG2-like render" threads on cornucopia/e-on forums, than "I want a Vue-like render" here ;D

I think it is pretty easy to see the difference between a TG2 and Vue render, regardless the visual quality of the output.