E-on's 3D Environment Competition 2011

Started by Tangled-Universe, July 08, 2011, 04:06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangled-Universe

E-on organizes another 3D Environment Competition this year with lots of nice prizes to win.
http://www.e-onsoftware.com/showcase/competition/2011/

They clearly state it's not their concern with what kind of software you've made your submission.
With a couple Vue-adepts in the jury I have my doubts and ending up with a TG2 image as winner, for instance, would be unacceptable for E-on if you'd ask me lol :)

But it's a tempting idea isn't it? ;D
I think I'm going to join.

Cheers,
Martin

Seth

"Create an image of any kind of environment using your application of choice, in combination with any version of Vue"

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: Seth on July 08, 2011, 04:13:33 AM
"Create an image of any kind of environment using your application of choice, in combination with any version of Vue"

Hmmm...did it just change or am I dislectic or something :) shit! lol ;D

Seth

cyphyr

lolz, maybe we could pop a vue tree in the background somewhere, behind a rock or something!
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Henry Blewer

I saw this competition also. Then read the rules.  ::) I would have been happy to win a CG mag subscription...
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Oshyan

Strange, I did not see the Vue requirement either until now. I was in fact going to mention the contest to people here. Oh well.

- Oshyan

dandelO

I say 'add a Vue tree' is a great idea! Everyone here should participate, using Terragen to render a Vue forest, there's a few Vue trees around here already.

Oshyan

Yeah, although I wonder if there are any copyright issues with that already... I also wonder if that qualifies under the terms of the contest.

- Oshyan

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: Oshyan on July 15, 2011, 08:21:50 PM
Yeah, although I wonder if there are any copyright issues with that already... I also wonder if that qualifies under the terms of the contest.

- Oshyan

Well...we could just try ;D

dandelO

I've thoroughly scoured all the Vue website, docs and forums over the issue of Solid Growth plants copyright, if there is any restrictions on sharing objects between packages/other people then, I can't find it. Many Vue models are locked from export due to copyright but every plant in the generator can easily be exported without any such problems.
I suppose they are just geometry files(each one different to the next so there's no solid form that someone could copyright and say, 'Hey, that's my model!') so I can't see any problem with that, textures, on the other hand, if the supplied ones are used, might be a different story. Using your own textures on a generated model should be fine. I think.

As I've said before though, if anyone knows any different, I'll remove any links to any SG plants that I've previously shared as there are a few out there under my name.

TechGeek89

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on July 08, 2011, 04:06:41 AM
E-on organizes another 3D Environment Competition this year with lots of nice prizes to win.
http://www.e-onsoftware.com/showcase/competition/2011/

They clearly state it's not their concern with what kind of software you've made your submission.
With a couple Vue-adepts in the jury I have my doubts and ending up with a TG2 image as winner, for instance, would be unacceptable for E-on if you'd ask me lol :)

But it's a tempting idea isn't it? ;D
I think I'm going to join.

Cheers,
Martin

Go for it Marting.. you have days left to join :)

Submission period: July 6 - August 31, 2011
Life beyond Earth ?? {any thoughts}
steven barbarich

Walli

I also havenĀ“t found details about plant export so far. One thing is clear - you have to take care if you use one of the base models included into Vue, or one that has been created by brokers on Cornucopia for example

Dune

Do you think they would go for that, just one Vue tree in a TG2 render? We don't wanna be disqualified   :-\ If so, I'll have a go at entering. Only thing missing would be a (insignificant) self modeled Vue tree.... does anyone have one?

EDIT: This is one of the rules:
QuoteSubmitted images can be created with any version of Vue (Theme-Packs, 3D SuperHero, Frontier, Esprit, Studio, Infinite and xStream), including the free Personal Learning Edition and the free Vue Pioneer. Submitted images can also be created using the Carbon Scatter plugins.
So TG2 is not allowed, I'd say.

Walli

I think the better way would be to see if it is possible to create an open Environment competition, open to any kind of 3D application.