Dunes and Clouds

Started by freelancah, July 10, 2011, 10:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

freelancah

A work I started a few days back.. Still a WIP. Needs perhaps some vegetation and some compositional focus?

inkydigit

looks really excellent, maybe a camel train?

freelancah

Unfortunately I dont have any camels or time to model them :P I do have some dinosaur bones tho xD

choronr

Exquisite sky and dunes. Maybe you could limit vegetation to some clumps of windblown, dry grasses ...very good work here.

freelancah

Thanks Choronr I'm going to add those soon. Meanwhile.. The first render was FOV 110 and this one is 80 degrees..

choronr

Good compositional balance. I think the dried grasses would look good on the lower right.

Henry Blewer

http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Xynedia

freelancah

Thanks all!
Xynedia: This will probably end up being a collab with a friend of mine, so no files available this time.. Alltho I have shared one iteration of the sky in file sharing already.

Kadri

I like it :)
It is good already as it is!

inkydigit

there is a nice Cow and Dinosaur skull (amongst other cool stuff) over at Artec 3d: http://www.artec3d.com/gallery/3d-models/...maybe useful? 

:)

Dune

I prefer iteration number 2, due to it's 'simplicity'. A camel train would indeed do nicely on the ledge under the distant gray hills. It wouldn't need many details either. I wouldn't do any grass. Perhaps a 3D desert snake can be found, and then make some snake tracks in the sand.  Nice work!

Draigr

To take a different tack, I prefer iteration number one. It may be more complex, but it suits the scene much better. The addition of something to the scene is good advice. Dinosaur bones around the left of the scene would fit well. As would some on the far right edge, with parts obscured just outside.

What you are missing, however, is some environmentals, blowing dust is a constant in a desert. I know, because I used to live in one.

TheBadger

Wish I had made it. Beautiful.
It has been eaten.

Seth

marvelous shot !
nice light and mood.