Dunes and Clouds

Started by freelancah, July 10, 2011, 10:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesocyclone

Beautiful scene...
I prefer iteration one, for it looks somehow better suited.

To add something on the ground is a good idea! Looking forwards for the next iterations!  ;D

freelancah

Here's a small update. Im not quite fond of the windy sand, it still needs a tad bit tweaking...

Henry Blewer

I agree with you about the wind driven sand. Try stretching it more in one direction, then add a twist and shear shader. I don't like the bones. Perhaps if they were laying down...
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

TheBadger

Liked the first one better
It has been eaten.

Dune

I do like this (that shows how peoples perceptions and tastes are all different, luckily), but I now think 3 objects is one too many. The snake might go, IMO, as I first had to look carefully what it was. The bones are too black, though. Maybe there's a way to still show some dried out bony color (fill light, lighter default color, just a tad luminosity to overcome the hind light...)
I'm particularly thrilled by the sky and whole setup. Very nice.

Draigr

It's looking a lot better now, but still needs a bit of work.

The snake could probably run parralel to the sun. The bones need a bit of moving round, but look pretty good. And the wind sand would look good if it was leaping off the top of the sand dune.

Definitely looking a lot better though!

dandelO

Nice one, Freelancah, I like the ripples apparently following the terrain. I think that I would remove the Moon. It's sitting lovely in the gap in the clouds but it seems like, if I was looking at the sky in real life then, the Moon wouldn't be so visible this close to a visible Sun. At least, I've never saw it like that. Maybe it's just the very wide fov making them appear to be too close.

choronr

I still like the first image; and, are in agreement with Martin regarding the moon. I do like the dust in the second image. If you were to add dried grasses in the lower right corner, I believe you would get enough light on them so they would not silhouette.

neon22

Hmmm. I would like to try to animate that dust...
very nice images.

freelancah

Here's an update..Maybe a bit too light now tho. Changed the skeleton to a dragon bone sculpt I did some time ago.. except I cut it's head off.. :P

freelancah

neon22 I could send you the scene if you feel like animating it?

Dune

The skeleton is perfect, great model! Lighting of it is nice too, snake is much better now, but I prefer the former dust whirls, which were more subtle. This render has a story inside, you can tell.

freelancah

Thanks Dune! I think im done with the rest of the scene, it's just the dust whirls that need to be adjusted

freelancah

I think this will be the final..maybe

inkydigit

excellent stuff: love the snake and skeleton, and the sand and the clouds.....
:)