neon22

Here it is.
Instructions for install are available here:
http://neon.wireframe.biz/node/38

Some pics made with it so far on locked thread here:
http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=12721.0

Feedback in this forum please.

Install:
- this download is 100Kb. A full installer is 12MB (gasp) so choosing to do it this way.
What that means is you have to install:
python, psutils, pyside, as well as:
hugin and Imagemagick.
Follow the first link to see why and for detailed instructions...

Not expecting trouble but I should be... so let me know what does/does not work for you.
Added new version for win7_64bit

Tangled-Universe

Oh I missed a link to this in your other thread I suppose?
I usually don't check out this area too much.
Glad I've found it now.
Will check it out as soon as I have reasonable time :)

Thanks!

Cheers,
Martin

neon22

Yeah - well no real interest is there. Oh well. I'll keep working on the renderfarm aspect - its coming along...
and I'm def going to render up some movie based Quicktme VR swf files now that I found the ryubin links (http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=12741.msg127291#msg127291)

Maybe people need an installer.. ?

Kadri

Quote from: neon22 on July 26, 2011, 07:18:08 AM
Maybe people need an installer.. ?

When i see something like this " Choose python 2.6 or 2.7 (not 3.0) " i do not read much further.
And i am with computers since nearly 25 years. I hate it when i have to install 5 other things first to use 1 program.

Yes an installer would be good :)

But i don't think that you would get very much bigger feedback after that too.
There is not such a big user base in general and so much people here for this.
But it would be definitely better !
This has nothing to do with the good work you have done of course , Neon22 .

ndeewolfwood

not many time right now to test this. But i will use it for sure.
Sorry for the  miss of quick feedback.
Be patient, july and august are "dead month" for a lot of people.

If everything is in Python it must working on Osx right ?

neon22

The python will run - but the TGDCLI commands are written for the PC environment.
I don't have a mac and did not know TG2 ran on the Mac.

But if you try it and post feedback - I will attempt to fix it.

freelancah

Will test this when I get the time. Commissions and work keeping me busy, but maybe in a few month or so! Installer would be awesome.
Keep up the good work!

Hetzen

Hi Neon. I don't know Python at all I'm afraid, but when I try to launch Batch_TG2.py I get a command line box flash up and disapear, with nothing happening afterwards.

When running the script from IDLE I get this message....

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\Archive\TerraResource\Apps\Python Batch Script\Batch_TG2-small\Batch_TG2-small\Batch_TG2.py", line 25, in <module>
    from Batch_TG2_main import *
ImportError: Bad magic number in D:\Archive\TerraResource\Apps\Python Batch Script\Batch_TG2-small\Batch_TG2-small\Batch_TG2_main.pyc

Any ideas on what I've done wrong?

Cheers

Jon

neon22

OK that's a weird error message - its saying the pyc file (compiled python) is not right for your OS. Or maybe you're not using python 2.7.
So basically time has moved on from when I made it :(
I need to release the full source I think.
It needs updating for the 2.4.X version anyway - so many new functions and big changes in the animation module mean the basic functionality might not work anymore :-( sigh...

I need to make time to do that.

Give me a few days please to try to wrap it up... Got to finish the project I'm currently over committed on...
First user for over a year... Thanks for trying it at all :)
Cheers...

Hetzen

That's very kind of you Neon. I hadn't seen this useful app until it was highlighted in another thread. I'm running Windows 7 64bit Professional if that's any use to you.

Cheers

Jon

neon22

OK. did a quick fix. uploaded a new zip for win7 64 bit users (probably all of us now)
Try that and let me know. Tested it here. (its in the first post of this thread)

On first launch it will create a cfg file and open that dialog for you to tell it where the dependencies are. It should find most of them automagically... (hopefully)
Best of luck...

Hetzen

Thanks for looking into this Neon, unfortunately I'm getting a runtime error now. Here's a screen grab of software downloaded and installed, with your app windows.

I'd like to throw some insane render settings at a 6k per side skybox, and this I'm hoping will make life easier. Will it create .tgd files I could put on the farm, or is it only a local render?

Cheers

Jon

neon22

Its likely its getting hung up on animation as that changed completely in the move to 2.4.
Also imagemagick is missing...
http://www.imagemagick.org/script/binary-releases.php#windows
Also there is a 64bit version of Hugin here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/files/hugin/hugin-2011.4/

Try turning off animation.
  If you check "panorama" it will render a pano from the cameras viewpoint. so you won't need your 6 frame animation (which I can see by looking at the screenshot, you are using to do the skybox.)

I strongly suggest you test it with quality 0.1 first and maybe 2000 pixels instead of 6000.

It creates bat files which run the tgd files it also exports.
If you press "Render" button it wil initiate renders. If you press "batch" it will only create tgd and bat files.
As you have your own renderfarm - I suggest you pick up all th etgd files and render them on your farm.
Then bring all the images back to the directory and run the bat files to recombine.

The recombine batch files look like:
tmp_blahblahblah_recombine.bat
The pano stitching batch file looks like:
tmpblahblahblah_Collate_and_Build_Pano.bat

After rendering done - look for the recombine batch file and manually double click - it will recombine.
Also panoramas - but I see you are using exr and I'm pretty sure imagemagick will not recombine them - but give it a go...

If exr files cannot be composited - you will need to do that by hand in some unknown image editing program.
Its possible the pano will be made properly as the latest hugin does recognise exr files but not sure if it will work...
its late here in NZ - good luck, good night

Hetzen

Thanks Neon. I'll give it a go.

Cheers

Hetzen

Sorry Neon, I tried the above and I'm still getting the Runtime error.

Pic 1 shows what I get when I launch the script, pic 2 when I click the Render tab. I don't understand the directory path its trying to access, it looks like its set up for your network, although I did replicate the paths on an R drive this end, with your .pyc files copied into that directory, and I still get the same error.

Don't bust a gut over this fella, it would be useful to use, but I'm also going to need the extra render layers to colour correct the atmosphere. So I'm going to do this manually. But this will be extremely usefull in future for creating ultra hi res renders.