The Crossing

Started by Dune, August 03, 2011, 02:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Something I've been working on...

Seth

very good render !
some strange spikes on the background hills but maybe you've done that on purpose

inkydigit

excellent detailing as always...

Dune

Well, yes, the background is just a haphazard PF, didn't pay much attention to it. The rocks also need some small detail, and I also have to see about the road. Usually with this sort of road you have some rock debris on the sides, ridden off by the tires of passersby. But it started off as a layout basically.

Markal

With just a slight bit of tweaking people would argue wether this is a photo or not....:)
It looks like a recon photo from a bi-plane in WWI.
Exceptional beginning to realism...I agree about the road....perhaps also two parellel ruts as if tires or treads indented the old abused surface.
Keep on man!!!

TheBadger

You could make a pretty cool little movie with this look! It has a good style and feel.
It has been eaten.

Dune

A derivation of this will be used for a movie (not by me), but not allowed to be showed here, I'm afraid.

inkydigit

oh yeah, are the grasses the built in grass clumps?
they look great here...

efflux

Nice vegetation distribution.

choronr

Looking very good. In addition to what has been said, perhaps a spot here and there within the tress and the grass, add some dryness of vegetation.

TheBadger

Quote from: Dune on August 04, 2011, 06:54:25 AM
A derivation of this will be used for a movie (not by me), but not allowed to be showed here, I'm afraid.

If it gets posted anyplace online, make sure and let us know!
It has been eaten.

neon22

I really like this but the edges of the paths do seem too "regular"... IMHO

Dune

Quoteare the grasses the built in grass clumps?
They are, thinned out a little and added a little color.

@Neon22: you're right. I might have look at that.

Dune

In the line of the same work; another test.

Dune

and another...