Ready the army..

Started by DiscoBall, April 08, 2007, 07:08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiscoBall

Hey guys!

Here's two images I made, the second made with some 'awesome' objects ;)  (Thanks to king tiger! ;))

First one took..57:20:17s with 4734056 triangles :P but the second one only 15:30:14s but 6079907 triangles.

In the first one, though, how can I make the clouds..'mistier' or 'foggier'? You know, like tall mountain with clouds look ;)
I know the grass is shabby, needs more variation even though its meant to look uniform, and needs a LOT more coverage.

The second one's pretty good, in my opinion :P
I especially like the moddle top left hand corner, the grass looks shiny there ;) but how can I make it have 'very good' depth of field?
The clouds..are good..for now, but I wanted them to look like this: http://www.planetside.co.uk/gallery/v/tg2gallery/jan_walter_schliep_finalcomposit.jpg.html

Not so like that, but the sun shining through them. I really can't find a picture with clouds like the way I want, so I'll have to...'paint them'. The clouds are kind of misty, shallow, and there's a glow of  yellow inside them. The sun is behind, I think, as the cloud kind of 'radiates'. Sorry, the picture's really bad, but I really can't find one in the Planetside gallery, although some people here have done what I wanted (it'll take AGES to find it in here :P)

It's in, of course, MS Paint :P

C&C Welcome!  ;)

Edit: Ah ha! the clouds I want resemble this: http://www.planetside.co.uk/gallery/v/tg2gallery/66-orbital.jpg.html the eclipse, just..'cloudier' :P

rcallicotte

The second one looks like the a scene from Band of Brothers.  The lighting is right and your surrounding terrain looks believable.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

DiscoBall

heh thanks :P just gotta cover up that dirt hole up :)

king_tiger_666

oh that's some great use of the Abram's tank I sent you ;D ;D ;D i must get around to making use of it. also if you want the turret turned at all i have a version of that too

<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

dhavalmistry

are the tanks in foreground top of each other???.....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

DiscoBall

uhh...how do they look...on top of each other? lol :P

The tank closest does not have a tank on it's turret, if that's what your thinking :P

Oh and king tiger, some variations of the turret would be awesome :P 5 aiming at 1 tank would be..'fun' :P

And I tried that massive bunch of text you gave me - I put it in a tgd, didn't work. Perhaps, it's a .obj with materials included?

dhavalmistry

ohh...sorry man.....the monitor at home is not as bright as the LCD here at work....it looks really good on lcd....nice render....keep it up...
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

DiscoBall

you should try those monitor calibration tests in the man Terragen 2 Discussion area :P