mrwho's Lighthouse

Started by sonshine777, April 08, 2007, 04:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonshine777

Just thought I would post a render using mrwho's lighthouse. Great model by the way. And I hope to see many scenes with it in them, just like the ones by friedd0g.

Enjoy!

mrwho

:-[ thanks for making the thread, I got it from Sketchup. Great image ;)

sonshine777

No problem, it will be fun to see what others come up with. :)

rcallicotte

Nice image.  I'll point out that the lighthouse light is sending a stray flash towards the bottom and the sun seems to have an odd reflection almost like there's another sun.  If not for those two things, everything else in this picture (lighting, model, rendering, water, sky, terrain) are excellent.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

old_blaggard

I think that stray flash you're talking about is lens flare.  Great image, overall.  I love the foreground rock textures and, of course, the lighthouse ;).  The water looks pretty good too.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

sonshine777

The second light spot is from a lense flare applied in Photoshop. :)

rcallicotte

Yeah, I've had trouble with the len's flare a few times when it places a flare where I don't want it and the light is otherwise just perfect.  If you wanted the flare, then it isn't a problem. 

bigben

A light placed in a tube would make a good spotlight for some interesting lighting effects in fog

sonshine777

Here another view with different lighting.

Comments welcome. :)

old_blaggard

Nice fog and rock colors.  Are your rocks done with an image map or procedurally within TG2?
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

sonshine777

Quote from: old_blaggard on April 09, 2007, 07:53:30 AM
Nice fog and rock colors.  Are your rocks done with an image map or procedurally within TG2?

They are an image map set to a plan Y projection, with the repeat x and y boxes checked.

Harvey Birdman

Those are really nice! I think the fog is a bit too dense, though. I've noticed that with some other peoples clouds, too - they're nearly solid looking, completely opaque. I've been playing a lot with edge sharpness and density on some of mine trying to get a more natural looking transition.

dhavalmistry

I like the 2nd image better only fog could use some more work and if possible a volumetric light effect to lighthouse in photoshop or your other fav. program
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

rcallicotte

Great daylight picture.  Looks pretty realistic. 

RealUser

It's a pitty that TG2TP doesn't have polygon smoothing. Nice shoot!
Markus / RealUser
visit my Renderosity Gallery at
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?username=RealUser