Star Wars

Started by bertrand, April 09, 2007, 06:37:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiscoBall

oh man, so that's how you got the glow! Been trying to work it out for ages :P

bertrand

Yep. Here's the "glow" layer. It's the raw file, not a very good render. It needed quite a bit of tweaking in Photoshop.

king_tiger_666

you should be able to get the affect without a glow mask...

<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

bertrand

I haven't figured out another way to get the reflection of the engine wrap realistically around the volume of the model so that it also casts shadows upon itself. But an easier way would certainly be welcome...

bigben

I'd be interested to see something like this with TG's motion blur, especially the relative blur on the landscape (assuming the camera's moving) and the objects. If the camera is moving at relatively the same speed as the other craft then you wouldn't expect to see much blur on them, and there should be a lot of blur on the near parts of the landscape.

bertrand

Although I do have the deep version, I don't have the animation module, so can't do motion blur in TG. Could do it in photoshop. But you're right, if the camera is moving and following the crafts, you'd have motion blur everywhere else. But since the entire landscape would be out of focus (especially the foreground), I think it would kind of defeat the point of Terragen. I'll have a go in postprod, though, to see if it can be made subtle enough.