counters in future versions?

Started by microwar, August 25, 2011, 07:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

microwar

Is it possible to add counters for total rendertime and runtime in a future verison ?

jo

Hi,

Sorry, I don't quite get what you mean. Could you be a little clearer please? The render time is already displayed at the top of the render window.

Regards,

Jo

jaf

microwar  may be requesting something I asked about quite a while ago.  My request concerned population instances -- a way to see the number of instances that were created for a population in a particular render. 

Since there is an instance counter displayed when a render starts, it wouldn't seem that hard to store it (it cycles too fast to see the final number and then disappears.)

Anyway, a small (optional) text file that contains things like render start date/time, end date/time, pop instances.
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

RArcher

When starting Terragen 2 - Run the tgdcli.exe file instead of the desktop shortcut tgd.exe file.  This will also open a command line window that will record more information that you will likely ever want to see including population counts etc.

You can find tgdcli.exe in the directory that Terragen was installed into.

jaf

Thanks Ryan.  Yes, it's there -- can it be "piped" to a file?  It's been a while..... seems like it would be
   "C:\Program Files (x86)\Planetside Software\Terragen 2 Deep Edition\tgdcli.exe" | "C:\afile.txt"
but then it expects an input file first.  Guess I don't remember the redirect commands.

Seems like it would be easy to collect the data and write it to a small file though -- that's all we are asking for.
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

microwar

My request was a little simpler than the other quesses.
The thing i'm asking about, is a simple stats counter, where it shows total runtime, and total rendertime for terragen.
This shoud be a simple ting to add. Have no real use, except showoff maby.
Maby add times started also.

Just see a lot of other programs showing stats, like utorrent.

Just a sugestion if the dev people r bored, and needs somthing simple to relax with.

But. yes, i like the other idea 2. Getting the info from tgdcli down in a textfile woud be nice.