Terragen scenes & presets store
www.lucbianco.fr
Unreal Authorized Instructor

Hannes

Thank you, Luc. Nice to hear from you.

Hetzen

Quote from: Hannes on August 28, 2011, 10:21:43 AM
Thanks again,
Hetzen, I'm not quite sure what you mean by "time on tools" (time to improve my english! :-[). I assume you want to know how much time I spent in front of my computer screen for this and how far away the deadline was?!
As far as I remember I had about four or five weeks from the moment I was asked. I spent about five to eight hours a day (besides my regular job) with very few days off. Sometimes it was really tough, but it was a lot of fun, especially when I received the first results of the composition of my TG scene, the real footage and the animated robots.

Sorry about my english slang, although you were quite correct with it's meaning.

Sounds like you were burning the candle from both ends (another english phrase  ;) )

It's always great to see TG work in a final comp, especially something as complex as your scene. Really well done.

rcallicotte

Brilliant.  I would expect no less from you, Hannes.

"...the fish was already dead."  LOL
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

chris_x422

Really well done Hannes, excellent work, congratulations!

Working two jobs and those hours can be tough, especially over a period of several weeks, hope you're enjoying a good rest now.

Chris

jo

Congratulations Hannes :-). Nice work.

Regards,

Jo

jaf

Very nice!  Sometimes all it takes is people seeing it can be done, and then the word starts to be passed around.
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

ajcgi

Brilliant stuff. Good mixture of techniques. ;)

:)

I think they not know colors in real arctic or not ask if was shot there. breaking rocks needed more smaller rocks and pieces with and dust not move quite like real, but good to start.

rcallicotte

I thought it was brilliant.  Do you have some work you can show us to let us learn what you're talking about?

Quote from: TheOne on September 06, 2011, 07:59:01 PM
I think they not know colors in real arctic or not ask if was shot there. breaking rocks needed more smaller rocks and pieces with and dust not move quite like real, but good to start.

:)

can use google to see pictures from arctic if not being there
try this for one

is a very good picture you make

rcallicotte

@TheOne - How would you make something like this photo you posted in Terragen 2?  That was my point.  If you criticize, then show the alternate way to do something.  Otherwise, anyone can find fault.

Hannes is an exceptional artist and has shown us plenty of tricks and ideas, sharing over the years with all of us.  This is where you will earn your respect as a TG artist.  Earned.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on August 26, 2011, 11:33:42 AM

The last TG update came just in time, since we tried to export the landscape into 3ds max. So we could easily create a very large area of the terrain without holes for the animations.

It was a great (and very busy) time, I loved to create something together with a team (although we never met, we only communicated by e-mail or phone!).

Here are some shots from the commercial and the Vimeo links to the commercial itself and a making of.

Link commercial:
http://vimeo.com/24717613

Link making of:
http://vimeo.com/24866090

Today he sent me an email and told me, they were in Los Angeles recently and met some guys of other vfx companies. They showed them the spot and some of the other vfx guys asked him, where they shot the arctic footage and if the budget was big enough to shoot in the Arctic. ROFL!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Dear Planetside staff, this is some compliment for your software, isn't it? (...and a little bit for me ;D)

Holy Smoke, er Snow.....somehow I missed this....freakin awesome Hannes and congrats on fooling the "pros" with your "snows"....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

Wow, Bobby, that's long ago. Anyway I'm glad you like it!

mhaze