The Wall

Started by Dune, September 05, 2011, 02:31:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

@TheOne: You're right of course, but getting really perfect results in TG2 is hard enough already. The difference in height is easy to do, I'll give that a go. The ferns can be modified as well, but in the top picture I used a different image map compared to the latter iterations. It was more uniformly (too dark) green at first. I threw some tiny fractals over it, but maybe not enough still.

I added some fields, but I don't know about it. too much going on now, IMO. I also added some dead moss, but forgot to turn of displacement, so it's all too rough now. I need to redo the moss stuff.

Henry Blewer

I think the fields would work better with some depth of field. (Is that a pun?) The distance to he fields is not apparent.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Kadri

I like the direction you take with the last render , Dune!

Luc

Terragen scenes & presets store
www.lucbianco.fr
Unreal Authorized Instructor

:)

maybe put fog (haze)will make look deeper and will hide some bad. I would take road sign away I think photographer would frame picture to not have.  I think is fine picture and is good. I just saying what might be better, not needed.

FrankB

I think the snow version is incredible!

choronr

I like the last image a lot. I would be tempted to adjust the tall grasses to an olive/green color.

Cyber-Angel

If its not too much work one of your nice procedural roads in the background may add some thing, to this already nice scene, only if the scale works mind!

Regards to you   

Cyber-Angel

mhaze

Very good - this is impressive.  perhaps a ruined wooden shed/barn inbackground

Dune

I have to get back to that one, but first another version. Just a POC now  ;)

choronr

This is great. The lighting enhances with shadows on the rock beautifully. Also like those bushes and their color.

Dune

The bushes are Lightings', credit to him.

AndyWelder

The moss from v3 looks OK to me: It looks like moss and not like algae (v1) or lychen (v2). The amount of displacement is just right IMO.
Thank you for the tip on the rocky wall: I've been fiddling with those walls, driven by an image/mask, for quite a while  but it never occurred to me to use a fake stones shader on them (instead I did use image maps of rocky walls , with disappointing results)

Oh, BTW, it looks like your cork-screw bird left something behind on its last visit to the tower... ;)
"Ik rotzooi maar wat aan" Karel Appel

FrankB

Quote from: Dune on September 10, 2011, 02:48:55 AM
I have to get back to that one, but first another version. Just a POC now  ;)

;-) POC

This is great! Can I assume the displacements are procedural? f yes, I've done something similar a while back, but on a plane, which I have used to simulate a wall. But the overall shape seems to be an object here, right? Very interesting!

Cheers,
Frank

dandelO

I would have guessed it to be a simple shape shader displacement with a white edge colour instead of an object, knowing Dune's liking for them.