Simple function for terraces or extruded strata

Started by FrankB, September 21, 2011, 10:52:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankB

Hi all,

During our chat event, I got a request from David W. to explain the "strata preset" I had used in an old render called "hells bend".
He was wondering what I meant with a "rotating exponent". So for anyone interested, see attached clip file.

Load this clip file and attach it to the displacement port of a surface shader to a very steep wall, such as a canyon wall. Enter a displacement multiplier in the displacement tab of your surface layer (try 15 for a tall wall to begin with) and see what happens.

Regards,
Frank

PS: also attached the old render. This one has additional stata and outcrop layers, that create those very small strata you can see there

freelancah

FrankB

choronr

Thank you Frank, these are the type of landforms you see at 'Bryce Canyon'. I've always visualized these but never have been able to replicate them with TG2 ...much appreciate this.

Dune

folder

:)

Thank you for this. it can be made to look good with little work, more real colors and changes in numbers. is good thing

Seth

Zairyn Arsyn

WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

FrankB

Splus12

Thanks Frank, I've been trying to figure out how you did this.
Ken

bobbystahr

I sit in awe...many thanks Frank .  ..   ...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist