Making clip files and backgrounds

Started by TheBadger, October 01, 2011, 01:07:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

Hello,

I would like to know how to make a clip file, so I can share some things with the community in the near future.

Also, I would like to know how I prepare an image for import into TG2 as a background. I know of some great ways to make 3D nebulas in After Effects, but have no idea how to get them into TG2. Would I make the image into an inverted sphere and save it in a certain file type? Or do I save it out as a flat image and TG2 makes it into a sphere? or what,? I really have no idea how to begin.

Thank you
It has been eaten.

Dune

Making/saving a clipfile is as easy as pie; just select the nodes you want to save as the clipfile, rightclick and choose 'save nodes as clipfile'. Give it a nice name.

TheBadger

Really! lol sweet. Thanks Dune

Now if making backgrounds is as easy I'll be ready to rock.
It has been eaten.

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

Dune

Why don't you just try it out with a test image with some words or squares on it. Try different sizes and projections.

TheBadger

Hi dune, and thanks.

I take it by your putting forth that image above that I should use a jpeg. That answers my question about format. I'll just save out a simple image file. But what about quality? jpegs are not the best quality I could use?
I ask because I if the background image is a focus of a comp then should I use a tiff or anything better?

Thanks for the file above Im going to play with it and see what I can see.
It has been eaten.

Dune

Oshyan

For background images you can use any supported image file type which includes JPG, BMP, TGA, PNG, and TIFF. TIFF is definitely a good option, although not all variants of TIFF are supported. You would then replace the Background Object's Background Shader with an Image Map Shader, set it to Spherical Mapping. That should get you started and from there you can experiment to see what works best for your needs.

- Oshyan

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?