Terragen Toolbox

Started by Violoncello, October 04, 2011, 10:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Violoncello

Hi Terragen Users!

I released the "Terragen Toolbox" software to assist in post-processing Terragen images. The software is located at

"https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=9E7DB242359A93F0&id=9E7DB242359A93F0%21137"

It require Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 to run, and this can be obtained at Microsoft for free. Your computer would do good to have it anyways.

I'm partly lazy, so it currently requires the NetPBM package available for free at "http://netpbm.sourceforge.net/". Install it for Windows, then set "Path" to include a path to the NetPBM exe's.

If I obtain more time and energy, the next version won't require NetPBM anymore.

Hannes

Could you explain a little more, what this toolbox does? I'd really like to know what it is, before I start installing a lot of things before.

rcallicotte

Sounds interesting.  It would be good to know more about it.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Violoncello

I apologize that I had forgotten about posting this.

1. Here's how I used it.. I rendered a planet using POV-Ray (or you can render using Terragen or even find a photo).

2. Then I render a Terragen scene (designed with traditional Terragen in mind).

3. I re-render the scene as a "mask", by setting surface color to white, turning off all shadows from clouds and terrain, and setting sun to Zenith. I turn off clouds too. I reverse the colors of the Decay in the sky, and set the "blue" to 0%.

4. I optionally have a land and cloud mask, setting all atmosphere parts to 0%, setting cloud color to white (if they are not already white). Again, sun at Zenith with no shadows.

I use the Merge feature in TerragenTools to put the parts together to produce the final image, a landscape scene with a planet in the background.

This current version requires NetPBM because I was too lazy to process the images myself. The next future version won't require NetPBM.

Also I intend to add more features to it.