Desolation

Started by yossam, October 19, 2011, 05:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yossam

The mood I was in...........C&C welcome

Henry Blewer

The cracks are very nice. The building looks like a Sketch up structure. I would load it into Blender or another 3D app and try adding some detail so it does not look so flattened.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

Dune

C&C: Don't mess with the mood, indeed, but get some more color diversity on the cracked soil, and in the mountains. You don't need the lizard, IMHO, but perhaps some tufts of grass in 1 or 2 patches. And some grime on the house (add PF to color input of default shader, and set small values (0.03/1/0.01, depending on the way the surfaces are mapped).

inkydigit

great start...love the mood!

yossam

This is "strange"...............this just rendered for a little over six hours. I took the suggestions from Dune and added two populations of Wallis' dry grass and they didn't show up in the pic. They show in the preview window, they were there on the test renders. But for some reason they disappeared when I did the full render. Anyone have any ideas?

Dune

They are there, but too small and the color value is not very different from the soil, so it's not very obvious they're there. You should make them 3-5 times as large perhaps, and lighten up the grass to a dry grass color. With high detail and high AA the grass are more subtly rendered, hence less visible in comparison to rough renders.

Henry Blewer

There may also be more displacement from the shaders after the Terrain Tab's. At the end of you Shader Tab layer chain, add a Compute Terrain in the node window. Connect the last Surface layer to this. Now connect the Compute Terrain to the input of the grass population where it is linked to the Compute Terrain from the Terrain node group. Now your grasses should sit on the surface properly.
You may need to adjust the population object size as Ulco (Dune) suggests.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T