A field

Started by yossam, October 19, 2011, 09:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yossam

Went from the middle of nowhere to here...............

Walli

nice one!
Probably one or two populations with small and tiny stuff below grass and flowers would bring in more depth. Apart from that I only would hunt for a eyecatcher, as most people will say "yeah, nice meadow but nothing special". By the way, they would say the very same if you took a photograph of the same scene.

Dune

A great start. I second Walli, and I wouldn't use the rock. It's not a very nice rock, IMO. Why not use a (warped) simple shape to clear an area in front (Inversely blend the grasses by it), smooth it a bit (by adding an empty surface shader after the soil, blended by the simple shape and setting smoothing to 0.8 or so) and add a color adjust (gamma=0.8) + reflective shader as a child, the surface shader blended by the same warped simple shape and perhaps a tiny puddle (1m lake at same location of simple shape, with no waves)....

inkydigit

I echo the above...nice light too!

yossam

After re-doing just about the whole scene.................still not happy with the water. Hard to get something that small to look right.

Zairyn Arsyn

this looks pleasant, the tree log textures looks good.
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

Icegrip

It looks nice! My dead tree I guess ;)

Dune

I think this has potential, but I'd get rid of the 'lake' and get a reflective shader onto the soil. No need for RT. Just set the lake height as the max height for the mud surface (you can also do that in a distribution shader, set as blending the surface layer), and give it a softness of a few centimeters. Add a color adjust as well (before the reflective shader) and set gamma to 0.7 or so. Ty the reflective to the child input of a no color surface layer after your last soil layer. Or maybe I needn't tell you all this...

yossam

Yes Icegrip, that's your dead tree............just shortened a bit. I always give credits on my last iteration, maybe I should give them on the first. Dune, always assume that I have no clue as to what you are talking about. It never hurts to give direction as to use. Even if I know how to do it, there may be someone else that sees it that doesn't. I always appreciate any information that I can gather from a reliable source. All it does is improve my knowledge of this program and also improves the final render. Thanks much.

yossam

Last one for this..................

Dune

You forgot your reflective shader, I guess...

yossam

It's there..............if you look at the edges of the rocks in the "puddle" you can see it.