more than 1 part node...

Started by Dune, November 02, 2011, 03:25:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

I got a warning that a parts shader contains more than one part node assigned to 'default'. It doesn't 'do' anything, but it's annoying. Can I change something within TG to get this right (apart from unchecking 'show warnings')? I don't really understand it, as the 6 shader set looks like any other.

jo

Hi Ulco,

Can you please send me a project file at jomeder@planetside.co.uk?

Regards,

Jo

bla bla 2

Si je me trompe pas, il faut faire plusieur fois le node et de lié à tes shader que tu souhaite.  ;) Essaie.

bobbystahr

If it's an .obj I rename everything in PoseRay when I convert to avoid this annoying thing. I've never tried it, but if it's a .tgo, maybe load it in a separate instance of TG2 and  rename them in the Parts Shader and resave the .tgo with a different name to avoid overwriting the original if this doesn't work. It's never really bugged me that much but if it did that's what I'd try .  ..   ...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

It's in the part of the parts shader that you can't rename or delete (I often copy 'old' default shaders + attachments and replace the originals in a new grass or something, but the parts have to stay as they are). I found that it's the assignment of colors/materials in XFrog that has to be done right. Thanks for your suggestions, guys.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on November 04, 2011, 11:38:12 AM
It's in the part of the parts shader that you can't rename or delete (I often copy 'old' default shaders + attachments and replace the originals in a new grass or something, but the parts have to stay as they are). I found that it's the assignment of colors/materials in XFrog that has to be done right. Thanks for your suggestions, guys.
Well I just went into the Parts shader of a .tgo object and changed all the names so that for sure can be done Dune, dunno if that will solve the error messages...give 'er a try mate . ..   ...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

and it rendered as expected as well  .  ..   ...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Klas

How to delete an "Object part" (does not work with the "Parts shader"):
Mark the object part->Edit->Copy (or CTRL-C) then Edit->Paste (or CTRL-V). Mark the two parts then Edit->Delete (or press DEL).
I hope this is a feature and not a bug and will not be removed in the next update.
;)

bobbystahr

If you have it as an .obj you can load it into PoseRay and just turn off any parts you don't want and re-save with a new iteration name as well, but that is a truly useful tute Klas, thanks . ..   ...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Thanks, Klas. Very handy to know that. But the initial problem was to get rid of the warnings that there was more than one part node assigned to a parts shader. And you can't change that in the object part itself where it says name, part, shader. Has to be done correctly in XFrog.

yossam

If you run your models thru Poseray there is a checkbox under .obj export that is "fix material and group names". If this is not checked Poseray will rename all material files that are similiar with a number extension of the original. It will also give the same error about "more than one part node assigned to a parts shader". I found this by accident........everybody else may already know about this............but it is news to me.

Dune

Interesting. I always take my XFrog objects directly into TG and save them as tgo after finalizing, but it might be interesting to take them through Poseray for a change. By the way, there's no way to save a .tgo as .obj, is there?

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on November 07, 2011, 02:37:28 AM
Interesting. I always take my XFrog objects directly into TG and save them as tgo after finalizing, but it might be interesting to take them through Poseray for a change. By the way, there's no way to save a .tgo as .obj, is there?
Uh, yup there is..... but it saves a single mesh with no access to individual parts, sadly
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

j meyer

Quote... but it saves a single mesh with no access to individual parts, sadly

that can be solved easily with Wings3d,if the polycount and/or the filesize is not too high.

Dune

Hey, thanks, guys. I never even noticed the other 'save as' possibilities. Very good to know.