Welcome to Forumshire- an animation

Started by pettytyrant101, November 26, 2011, 12:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pettytyrant101

Hi, first post, was recommended I post this here by a user on the Terrade forum as they thought it might interest some folks here. 4 day render.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGAXl34lOrI
"I say what a wonderful butler! He's so violent."- The Doctor

dandelO

Hey, PT, nice to see you over here! The 'Terrade' forum? I think you mean Terranuts, Ade's too pissed up on red wine this evening to run a forum! :D ;)

I see what you mean about the jumpiness you were mentioning, you could always try Virtualdub(free compositing software), it has a nice filter called 'temporal smoother', which blends this type of thing quite well. It also has many other filters like frame doublers and such that you could likely find a use for here.
Nice work, very toony, the clouds seem a bit too realistic in comparison to the rest of the scene but still, very nice. :)

pettytyrant101

Haha that's what I get for writing posts when tired. Yes Terranuts I do indeed mean, although Terrade probably deserves his own forum if for no other reason than supplying me with a Tardis model!

I will need to have a look at virtualdub. At the moment I am putting the frames into Adobe Premiere, but I cant seem to find an output that doesn't either lose quality or cause a ghosting effect.
The trees look more toony than they are as the output video has blurred everything out, losing the detail in them and making them more like blobs of colour-I'm actually not sure I don't like the effect, but its not delibrate.

Redwolf

LMFAO@ terrade forum.....I have a lil hangover this morn after redwine last nite

Jonathan

Very imaginative (almost Disney-like)! What was the frame rate?
Every problem is an opportunity, but there are so many opportunities it is a problem!

pettytyrant101

Thanks Jonathan. It was 24 frames a second originally. But I slowed that outputted file by half as it was to quick.

Jonathan

I know what you mean PT - The only way to combat this of course (and maybe get smoother framing is increase the number of renders...my last took two weeks to do 600 frames - and that's the problem!!.
Every problem is an opportunity, but there are so many opportunities it is a problem!

pettytyrant101

This took just over 4 days all added up to output 570 frames. I would dearly love to be able to do it at higher resolution and detail levels and to have more populations in this (grass etc which I had to limit) but there is just no way as I would end up at at best at several hours per frame.
What I need is a free render farm!