The screen flickering bug

Started by Harvey Birdman, April 18, 2007, 03:49:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harvey Birdman

Hey, all.

I've run into this a couple of times tonight and thought I'd let you know what I'd observed. I don't know if it's related or not, and I'm sure you know about this, but it seems as if there's a Z-order bug that appears whenever a property sheet is spawned as a separate window, as opposed to having it embedded in the mainframe. When the external property sheet is closed, another active app's window pops to the foreground instead of the main TG2 window. It seemed that it was after summoning and closing external property sheets a bunch of times that the screen flicker thing starts. The flicker happens when I try to spawn external property sheets; I wonder if it's related to the Z-order thing? Also, (again, who knows if it's related) the flicker thing continued to grow worse the longer I ignored it and continued summoning property sheets.

Could be totally irrelevant, but I though I'd pass it on.

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Oshyan

I haven't seen the flickering myself yet, but we're aware that there are z-order issues with the floating palettes/property sheets. These problems are being looked at.

- Oshyan