Silva3D Grasses

Started by Walli, January 22, 2012, 04:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walli

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know - and now you have to leave the thread, if you don´t want to risk to read a commercial ;-) - that i released a collection of my latest grass models.
It´s called Archviz grasses vol.1, but I am sure that they are fine for landscapes too.
It´s 58 detailed models, including species like, reed, rush grass, cortaderia, ryegrass and more.
Details can be found here: http://www.silva3d.com/product.php?id_product=47
The models are available as Terragen object, OBJ, C4D, VrayforC4D and Vue, price: 39,-Euro.

Some pictures:

I hope you like them!

masonspappy

man, those are beautiful!!

TheBadger

The more I see stuff like this, the more I hate the economy right now. Very nice stuff! Hope to have some extra money soon.
It has been eaten.

Walli

I understand you!
Actually one of the reasons why I support Frank with NWDA and my own shop is, because I want to offer products at a price that is affordable to everyone. When using one of the bigger plattforms, you only get 40% of the money customers have to pay which means, you have to increase price. Also you are not free with your pricing, which also leads to higher prices. This might be okay in some cases, but sometimes this also leads to prices that are unfair and to high. 20 bucks for a simple grass...
And this is also the reason, why I always release some objects for free.

But to be honest, for me this means mostly work and not much revenue, at least until people start to buy like crazy ;-)

TheBadger

Quote from: Walli on January 23, 2012, 04:33:33 AM
I understand you!
Actually one of the reasons why I support Frank with NWDA and my own shop is, because I want to offer products at a price that is affordable to everyone. When using one of the bigger plattforms, you only get 40% of the money customers have to pay which means, you have to increase price. Also you are not free with your pricing, which also leads to higher prices. This might be okay in some cases, but sometimes this also leads to prices that are unfair and to high. 20 bucks for a simple grass...
And this is also the reason, why I always release some objects for free.

But to be honest, for me this means mostly work and not much revenue, at least until people start to buy like crazy ;-)

Frank and the others at NWDA have earned my loyalty as a customer, and so have you. I am very happy to spend what money I can with those in this community that do so much for just a 'thank you'! I believe that as the TG2 community grows so will the profitability of the work you and others do, Walli. But as you know the economy needs a healing first. Even so, its nice to see all the purchase options and competition in this market, because since becoming a part of this community I have learned that the products are made by real people who I feel I can relate to on some level.

Anyway, you guys may not be making a lot of money yet, but you are making a lot of friends, and thats not a bad way to build an empire. ;)
It has been eaten.

Henry Blewer

I second Badger's post. NWDA's contributions to our community have been superb.

But I don't want to leave out other people who have created objects and offered good advise. Thank you all.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

rcallicotte

Wow.  Saving pennies...   :D
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

mhaze

Just bought this collection - superb quality!

Zairyn Arsyn

i'm glad i'm getting a raise.  :)

wow... 58 grass models, this will add a lot more grass variation to scenes.

WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

Walli

by the way, at the moment I also have some "Happy Birthday Specials" online, during the next few days.

Red Eyed Jedi

Downloading this grass pack right now  ;D

Thanks Walli - these look awesome!