DOF or focus control?

Started by digitalis99, February 03, 2012, 11:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pixelpusher636

Quote from: Kadri on April 11, 2021, 08:14:00 PM
Quote from: pixelpusher636 on April 10, 2021, 11:36:01 PM
Quote from: jo on February 09, 2012, 05:26:11 AMHi,

Quote from: penboack on February 09, 2012, 04:14:51 AMJust to clarify, is the preference "Startup > Preferred Number of Cores" the number of cores used for rendering?

The preference is documented here:

http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=2798

It overrides the numbers of cores that TG2 detects when it starts up. That may be used for rendering, although you can still change things using the settings in the Render node.

Note that the information regarding Hyperthreading on the page mentioned above isn't really relevant now. I will update it at some point.

Quote from: undefinedIf you implement multithreading for interactive render preview it would be useful to be able to have a preference for setting the number of cores used for the interactive preview independently from the number of cores used for quick and full renders. There would then be to preferences in place of the existing single preference, one called "preferred number of cores interactive preview" and the existing preference renamed to "preferred number of course render" for viewport multithreaded preview.

We probably would do something like that, although by default we might use half the number or cores detected.

Regards,

Jo

Why do so many links in these forums including from Planetside staff open up the homepage of Planetside? It happens a lot. Not judging, just asking out of general curiosity/annoyance.

By the way just write outside the blue quoted part, then it is easier to read the post.
Quote from: Kadri on April 11, 2021, 08:14:00 PM
Quote from: pixelpusher636 on April 10, 2021, 11:36:01 PM
Quote from: jo on February 09, 2012, 05:26:11 AMHi,

Quote from: penboack on February 09, 2012, 04:14:51 AMJust to clarify, is the preference "Startup > Preferred Number of Cores" the number of cores used for rendering?

The preference is documented here:

http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=2798

It overrides the numbers of cores that TG2 detects when it starts up. That may be used for rendering, although you can still change things using the settings in the Render node.

Note that the information regarding Hyperthreading on the page mentioned above isn't really relevant now. I will update it at some point.

Quote from: undefinedIf you implement multithreading for interactive render preview it would be useful to be able to have a preference for setting the number of cores used for the interactive preview independently from the number of cores used for quick and full renders. There would then be to preferences in place of the existing single preference, one called "preferred number of cores interactive preview" and the existing preference renamed to "preferred number of course render" for viewport multithreaded preview.

We probably would do something like that, although by default we might use half the number or cores detected.

Regards,

Jo

Why do so many links in these forums including from Planetside staff open up the homepage of Planetside? It happens a lot. Not judging, just asking out of general curiosity/annoyance.

By the way just write outside the blue quoted part, then it is easier to read the post.
Ah ha! That's what people have been saying to me and I haven't paid much attention to what they were saying given that they read what I said and replied. I get it now. Thanks Kadri.  :)
The more I use Terragen, the more I realize the world is not so small.