Save Shader Previews

Started by efflux, February 05, 2012, 10:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

efflux

It would be cool if we could save the shader previews. I know they are small detail but good enough for a very small thumbnail. You could save a clip file, save a preview of it then see this in the OS file browser when opening clip files or browse folders of them. You can even have previews of various blue functions if the colour adjust shader can preview them.

Although TG2 is essentially very fast to work with, I tend to not have any library of clip files. For example, if I'm working on a planet I will have various clip files in it's folder. Just things I'm utilising while I work but I don't tend to ever use those clip files again because later I'm not always sure what they do exactly - there is no way to give them a suitable thumbnail reference without opening a specific tgd to create this which I do have for this purpose but it takes time. I'll just delete the tgcs and later just open the actual planet where I know the functions are. This is because I obviously have visual references from scene renders.

Oshyan

We do have some plans for addressing this kind of issue in the future, although not necessarily in the specific way you suggest. But we definitely see the need for more easily identifying and differentiating clip files, TGDs, and other TG files.

- Oshyan

efflux

I'm guessing it's set up so TG2 will have it's own library in the future. Mojoworld has this. However, shame about the rest of Mojo's UI.