Started by biker2910, February 20, 2012, 09:17:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biker2910

my first render after 3 months break
stones and water are fascinating for me .. cc welcome

biker2910

i added some plants into the Background

Dune

Terrific scene! I really like the archaic look of it. We will need to see a larger version of the second one, of course.
There is one crit I have; the circular wave patterns are too similar and too outspoken for such calm water. There is a way to do this procedurally instead of with a mask, where you could take a few close by points where the stones are and feed this into some blue nodes producing outward ripples. It's on the forum somewhere. And it's a pity of the flattened left stone. If you try another seed this might be changed, but it would change the composition as well.

mhaze

Wow! wonderful scene. Where did you get those underwater plants?

biker2910

here the values I used in this landscape:
AA 8; Detail 1,GI relative Detail 3, Gi sam. Quality 3, blur radius 8,
plant's under water plants from Xfrog; Background Plant's from Walli (ornamental Gras)
Thanks for your comments.

inkydigit

excellent scene!
my only really minor think I might change, would be by adding some reflectivity to the plants sticking out of the water, so the look wet/succulent?
but that is being picky!
cheers
Jason
:)

TheBadger

I like a lot of the elements in this image. But only one thing is bothering me. I think you should fill in the empty space on the upper right of the distant range. The negative space there does not fit the comp of the shot angle.
It has been eaten.

dandelO

I love this image but, for some reason, I like the first one with no plants best, it's like a painting and the trees in the follow-ups kind of take that illustrative feeling away.
I think I'd completely remove that background terrain, though, it looks too much like it's just been dropped in there as a filler and the steep walls don't look natural at all, compared to the rest of the image, I think it'd look much better without it.
The water is superb! :)