windows 8

Started by mhaze, March 02, 2012, 08:43:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhaze

What do you think anyone tried it - a preview version is available

rcallicotte

7 is fine for me...   ;D
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

cyphyr

I'd be interested in W8 for the touch screen usability. It's supposed tom be great (well it was, I'm a little out of touch). My main reason for avoiding touch pads so far is that I can't use my every day apps in them as yet. Androids a no no as far as this is concerned, iPad want's me to install everything through iTunes store and wont run stuff that runs fine on mac desktops. I had a clunky W7 touchpad that ran everything I use on my desktop, even TG2, unfortunately it was too clunky to be much use and eventually met the floor roughly! So yes if W8 is all MS crack it up to be I'll be very interested indeed.
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

AP

It has been out for a few weeks now. Windows 8 opposed to Vista was supposed to be what XP was to Millennium. Don't know how true that is. I am still on XP because i hesitate using bloated OSs. However Win Millennium was garbage. Even Win 98 SE was better.

TheBadger

It wont work well, windows never works well, thats why they keep reinventing it. :P
I tease. Hope it works well for anyone who puts money into it.
It has been eaten.

reck

Everyone and their dog seems to love Windows 7 so MS might have a hard time convincing people to change to Windows 8.

I think it may come down to what Metro apps appear in the store.