Rasthaus

Started by choronr, March 03, 2012, 08:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

choronr

Another try at FrankB's Road and Tarmac preset file from NWDA includes:

•   1939 Ford Coupe from Dreamland Models available at Renderosity.
•   Log Cabin; thanks Mark.
•   Atlas Blue Cedar from XFrog.
•   Grass by  Klas downloaded at Planetside forum.
•   Dry Shrubs by Walli available at NWDA.
•   Man model; thanks Mark.

And, thanks to Mark for running the car model through DAZ making useable in TG2.

Enjoy.

TheBadger

this is some nice work choronr. but it also has some unreality to it, it feels a little like a scale table model. Is this the effect you wanted? If not maybe pulling the camera back so that the man in the suit is only so visible as to tell its a human. Get a little distance between the viewer and the subject so that the atmo has some extra play to it. Just a thought.
It has been eaten.

choronr

Thanks. Pushing away from it all loses detail; that is not what I wanted.

efflux

This is the best road yet. One reason is the road itself. It's flat and the surface look like a road surface.

choronr

Quote from: efflux on March 03, 2012, 11:28:10 PM
This is the best road yet. One reason is the road itself. It's flat and the surface look like a road surface.
Thanks efflux, it was fun putting this one together.

Dune

Great one, Bob. I love the reflection on the car, it's a landscape on its own. The soft shadow (1?) works well as well. The only thing that bothers me is the transparency of the house (upper) windows; it appears as if there are no side walls. You might as well take the water shader out and just use a reflective. And the house is rather dark. Old wood often turns gray, which would be nicer here I think.

choronr

Quote from: Dune on March 04, 2012, 04:09:32 AM
Great one, Bob. I love the reflection on the car, it's a landscape on its own. The soft shadow (1?) works well as well. The only thing that bothers me is the transparency of the house (upper) windows; it appears as if there are no side walls. You might as well take the water shader out and just use a reflective. And the house is rather dark. Old wood often turns gray, which would be nicer here I think.
Thanks Ulco. Yes, a number of things could be done better. I think a better job on the tree size range could have been better with some color variances as well. Soft shadow diameter is 4.88281. I agree the upper windows look weird. I'll take your advice on that. Yes, weathered wood looks better in ranges of gray. Will have to do that next time.

Now, on to another, different project.

Oshyan

I rather like this one, particularly the road integration and the background trees and veg. The house could definitely do with being less dark/saturated. A more weathered look would be very suitable (tending toward gray). The car also seems too shiny and sharp to me. But overall a nice one.

- Oshyan

choronr

Quote from: Oshyan on March 07, 2012, 07:58:51 PM
I rather like this one, particularly the road integration and the background trees and veg. The house could definitely do with being less dark/saturated. A more weathered look would be very suitable (tending toward gray). The car also seems too shiny and sharp to me. But overall a nice one.

- Oshyan
Thanks Oshyan; yes, sometimes I work too late when I should be sleeping - or, I should say working while sleeping. Yes, a bit of surrealism has crept in here. I think I will do some re-working here which is deserving.

choronr

Here is the re-work. Weathered the roof shingles of the cabin. Added some leafless trees in the distance. Disabled the water shader for the cabin windows leaving the reflective shader. And, regarding the reflectivity of the auto, the reflectivity tint is the color of the car body. It was used that way to produce the metallic finish. I could have used the regular surface shader for color with a reflectivity shader; but, the results in my opinion is much better the way it is.

Dune

I don't get it; you can still see through the upper window  ???

Oshyan

Definitely an improvement with the weathered look on the roof. Car looks improved too somehow, better reflecting the color of the environment (sky). I'm not so sure about the addition of the larger trees in the background though. They look much less integrated and "lifelike" than the others, the evergreens I guess, which seem to have a really lovely outlined/"silver lining" effect with the lighting. The new trees seem flat by comparison.

- Oshyan

choronr

Thanks Dune, Oshyan - Agree about the upper windows and the trees. Will try some stuff with the windows. Also, will replace the trees ...I'll be back.

choronr

Added different trees in the distance; increased the fill light intensity - this is the final.

Oshyan

Very nice end result. :)

- Oshyan