Thermas Appolidonius - Egypt

Started by Marcos Silveira, April 08, 2012, 03:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcos Silveira

Appolidonius / Red Sea / Egypt
Frequented since the ptolomies, its warm waters are connected to the Red Sea by a little channel.

I have to thank wetbanana for his awesome voronoi clip file which was used in the terrain!!!!

nbk2

Totally love the underwater rocks  :)

Kadri

Nice render!

The contrast is a little low and the image looks a little too bright to me Ro-nin.

TheBadger

Yeah, the water and underwater rocks look really good, I also agree with Kadri. But I think this is a very good start, keep working on it!
It has been eaten.

Oshyan

I think it's a very "natural" look, while most photography is fairly post processed to be more contrasty ("punchy" they call it). I think just reducing the noise (increasing detail/quality settings) would give you a nice finished result, maybe not "striking", but pleasantly natural to my eye.

- Oshyan

inkydigit

agree with Oshyan...looks very believable...nice one!
:)
J

mhaze

Kadri

No! I still think that it needs a little adjustment. But it is his image of course  :)

Rant goes here :)
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=14278.msg140215#msg140215

Marcos Silveira

I tend to don't make any adjustment out of TG. When I don't like the final look of an image I tweek the settings a little and render again!! The image was rendered with just 0.6 in render quality. I'l try to render it at 1.0 to see what happens. ;D
Also the sun was put at 45 degrees, what makes the overall a little too bright but it seems more natural to me (brazilian eyes here 8)).