Waterfall once more

Started by Dune, April 10, 2012, 03:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Some other shots of a waterfall, a cloud obviously, blended by a simple shape. The ugly outlet I hastily constructed, so it's not very nice.

jamfull

Cool shots. I like the way the falls have turned out.

James

TheBadger

I like 2 and 3 as concepts. Water in the last two images on the last page looks great.
It has been eaten.

ares2101

Those falls look great.  Any chance you could post the settings?  I've been wanting to make a scene with a waterfall but just can't get the cloud to look right.

Dune

Cloud fractal sizes are 1/5/0.2, slightly upped density (0.4), perlin, no warp, stretched along Y (5). Sharpness of clouds 0.5, density 0.2, the rest untouched. Three of those in line, blended by a distribution shader to restrict the height, which in turn is blended by a simple shape (a bit soft) at the bottom of the falls.

Jo Kariboo

The last 2 and 3 are very convincing!

ares2101

Quote from: Dune on June 16, 2012, 03:52:28 AM
Cloud fractal sizes are 1/5/0.2, slightly upped density (0.4), perlin, no warp, stretched along Y (5). Sharpness of clouds 0.5, density 0.2, the rest untouched. Three of those in line, blended by a distribution shader to restrict the height, which in turn is blended by a simple shape (a bit soft) at the bottom of the falls.

I think I'm putting this together wrong, it's not looking anything like your pics.  TGC file perhaps? 

Dune

I'll tell you a little secret, but you have to pull it off from that information: make a second planet of 10000m diameter, with clouds of 20 m thick at 10 meters high, place it at 0/0/10000. Uncheck displacement in the internal PF as soon as you can. Then put the mentioned simple shape on the main planet in the cloud area of the second planet and use it as a blender for a distribution shader for restricted height. Use the latter as a blender for the cloud fractals in the second planet and you're there. You can use the terrain in the second planet or uncheck it if you only want the cloud.