Elsewhere

Started by choronr, April 15, 2012, 02:00:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

choronr

Image is based on TU's Canyon. One heightfield deleted and second terrain added; and, many adjustments made.

Dune

Cool terrain, Bob. I like this. But I think it needs a little work, if I may say so. The flattish areas look like sand dunes, but need a slightly more sandy color, and the black areas near the moon is a bit strange. But the overall landscape is very interesting. And perhaps you could keep the fake stones in the lower parts of the 'dunes', or at least more patched. Looking forward to the next  ;)

mhaze

Very good rocks and a nce atmosphere

Oshyan

The rock surface really looks superb. Very other-worldly, a nice departure from your traditional style in my opinion.

- Oshyan

choronr

Quote from: Dune on April 15, 2012, 02:49:47 AM
Cool terrain, Bob. I like this. But I think it needs a little work, if I may say so. The flattish areas look like sand dunes, but need a slightly more sandy color, and the black areas near the moon is a bit strange. But the overall landscape is very interesting. And perhaps you could keep the fake stones in the lower parts of the 'dunes', or at least more patched. Looking forward to the next  ;)
Thank you Ulco. Regarding the sandy areas, their color is picked up from the surfaces you see on the land form (eroded from above). The upper black areas (shadowed) are dark as they don't pick up the reflectivity as do the lower shadowed areas. I agree about the stones being in the lowest area of the dunes.

You always challenge me to re-do some of my images ...so, I'll do it again and see what I come up with.

choronr

Quote from: mhaze on April 15, 2012, 08:27:55 AM
Very good rocks and a nce atmosphere
Thank you Mhaze, thought I'd try something difFerent.

choronr

Quote from: Oshyan on April 16, 2012, 12:09:08 AM
The rock surface really looks superb. Very other-worldly, a nice departure from your traditional style in my opinion.

- Oshyan
Thank you Oshyan, I've always been a fan of space and science fiction but desert landscapes have ruled. With SciFi, there are a lot of challenges which I may pursue.

Dune

You're welcome, Bob. I always try to be honest in a kind way, open to debate of course. Images are often very personal and perhaps are based on premises I'm not aware of. I just look at them and see what I think nice or wrong. Another set of eyes is sometimes helpful to even out the glitches, so to speak.

TheBadger

I like the surface a lot on this one. I also like the sporadic plants popping up here and there.
It has been eaten.

choronr

Quote from: TheBadger on April 17, 2012, 04:05:55 PM
I like the surface a lot on this one. I also like the sporadic plants popping up here and there.
Hi Badger,

Thanks for the visit. I'm making a night time version and testing some of the suggestions Dune made. Should have it up soon.

Bob

choronr

Updated the image by changing the atmosphere, added a UFO (thanks Jason), changed the clouds, lightened the sand; and, reduced the stones size along with painting them to appear in the lowest areas.

Enjoy.

Henry Blewer

I really like the rock faces in this one. The detail and coloring are very well done.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Dune

Yeah, great update, Bob. I also like the subtle starfield.

mhaze

Excellent, has a kind of scary feel to it, great.

MGebhart

Howdy Bob,

I really like this on. Well done.
Marc Gebhart