Render bug - possibly to do with scene complexity

Started by ProjectX, April 29, 2007, 02:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProjectX

I've got a render bug on a TGD, when I press render it gives me an error message (see attachment) and then says finished render, 0 triangles.

I have other problems with this tgd too. If I click on either of my populations in the objects window, it freezes, and if I select the render tab, then it performs an illegal operation and closes.

In order to render I had to open the properties of the render node from the node view and proceed from there.

The two populations in this file are the free XFrog Pine and Sweet Birch trees.

BTW> great work on TG2, it's an amazingly flexible piece of kit.

Oshyan

Looks like a very unstable .tgd. The overall complexity and amount of displacement may have something to do with it. We'll do some further investigation and see what turns up.

- Oshyan

Buzzzzz

Quote from: ProjectX on April 29, 2007, 02:54:40 PM
I've got a render bug on a TGD, when I press render it gives me an error message (see attachment) and then says finished render, 0 triangles.

I have other problems with this tgd too. If I click on either of my populations in the objects window, it freezes, and if I select the render tab, then it performs an illegal operation and closes.

In order to render I had to open the properties of the render node from the node view and proceed from there.

The two populations in this file are the free XFrog Pine and Sweet Birch trees.

BTW> great work on TG2, it's an amazingly flexible piece of kit.

Were you attempting a crop render when you received this error message?

I have seen this when I accidentally crossed the left crop distance marker beyond the right crop distance marker. In other words, if you have the right crop marker at .50 and set the left crop marker at .60 it leaves nothing to render hence the error message. Same for the top and bottom markers.   

ProjectX

nope full render, 800x600 Detail: 0.8, GI: 2/2.

Nothing else was changed in the render settings.