I'm sure this has been covered but I can't find it.

Started by Andrew March, April 29, 2012, 06:36:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew March

Having some real problems getting an image onto my background object without it stretching or in fact not showing up at all.

Specifically I want to add a nebula and starfield image I have, the image is the same size as my final render but no matter what I do the stars always get stretched vertically and the background always looks blurred.

I am essentially working in super panovision, so exagerated letterbox format, this is driving me nuts as every image needs to have the starfield and nebula added in photoshop.

Obviously luminosity needs to be applied so simply applying an image map shader doesn't work because the background just shows as black, if I use a default shader the images get stretched beyond recognition.

It may be that because I come from a Lightwave background I am finding it hard to adjust to a Terragen mindset, so any help please would be most appreciated.

Thanks

jamfull

Make sure your projection type is through camera and your projection camera is your render camera.

As far as the stretching; for super panavision, in the image map shader change the size values to 1 , 0.4545454545 (1 divided by 2.2). This should give you the 2.2:1 ratio. I'd also change the position settings to position center and the values 0.5 , 0.5 , 0.

You can plug an image map shader into the color function or luminosity function of a default shader. I found I got more accurate results plugging it into the luminosity function with a value of 2, and setting the diffuse color to black.

James

Andrew March