pylons wip animation (9s)

Started by Zairyn Arsyn, May 05, 2012, 10:50:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Zairyn Arsyn

a still from from the second part, please excuse the atmosphere banding.

there has been some issues with RTA on the eclipsing sun, it works properly when the sun is in the center of the moon, but the closer it gets to the edge it starts to become visible, shining through the object.
i have tried RTA enabled on both the first and second planets atmosphere node, i get the same thing with each.
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

Matt

Quote from: zaai-three-nine on May 25, 2012, 02:10:49 pm
there has been some issues with RTA on the eclipsing sun, it works properly when the sun is in the center of the moon, but the closer it gets to the edge it starts to become visible, shining through the object.
i have tried RTA enabled on both the first and second planets atmosphere node, i get the same thing with each.


Do you have an example of this? Try adjusting the "floor" parameter on the moon's atmosphere node. It creates an opaque sphere that light can't pass through. The value is an altitude in metres, and defaults to -16000. It should be a negative number so that it doesn't interfere with negative displacements on the moon, but if your moon is very small you'll want to use a smaller negative number than the default.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

TheBadger

How exactly did you light the terrain, zaai-three-nine?!

I have had good results getting rid of artifacts like banding by using topaz for photoshop. But batch processing a movie will add a lot of steps to your workflow, and you may not like the look you get. Photomatix Pro also can help you. Of course, rendering without issues is always preferable.
It has been eaten.

Zairyn Arsyn

just Global Illumination, one sun object - thats all
Quote from: TheBadger on May 25, 2012, 07:45:53 pm
How exactly did you light the terrain, zaai-three-nine?!

I have had good results getting rid of artifacts like banding by using topaz for photoshop. But batch processing a movie will add a lot of steps to your workflow, and you may not like the look you get. Photomatix Pro also can help you. Of course, rendering without issues is always preferable.

WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

rcallicotte

Okay.  When is this going to be an animation?   :P  Looking forward to it.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Zairyn Arsyn

it will take some time, especially with the total length of this animation.
Quote from: calico on May 29, 2012, 07:25:35 pm
Okay.  When is this going to be an animation?   :P  Looking forward to it.

for that last animation link: the animation didn't turn out completely the way i wanted it to be,  towards the ending, the sun goes below the horizon, yet the terrain is is still visible, it should be completely dark by the end, i only had one GI cache file for that animation, so i made a GI cache file sequence.

badger thinks it deserves a higher resolution, and i agree with him on that
that would mean a longer render time doing the sequence from my computer.
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

Simius Strabus

Nice and dark feel to it. Like it.
Why stop dreaming when you wake up?

iMac i7 2.8GHz 8Gb

rcallicotte

Hey Mr. Zaai, I apologize!  I had missed the YouTube link and commented without knowing.  Very good!  Actually, you are on to something.  Keep at it, please.



Quote from: zaai-three-nine on May 30, 2012, 10:19:12 am
it will take some time, especially with the total length of this animation.
Quote from: calico on May 29, 2012, 07:25:35 pm
Okay.  When is this going to be an animation?   :P  Looking forward to it.

for that last animation link: the animation didn't turn out completely the way i wanted it to be,  towards the ending, the sun goes below the horizon, yet the terrain is is still visible, it should be completely dark by the end, i only had one GI cache file for that animation, so i made a GI cache file sequence.

badger thinks it deserves a higher resolution, and i agree with him on that
that would mean a longer render time doing the sequence from my computer.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Zairyn Arsyn

oh- hahaha, no need to apologize, its not a big deal really. but your comment is well appreciated
Quote from: calico on May 30, 2012, 10:59:43 pm
Hey Mr. Zaai, I apologize!  I had missed the YouTube link and commented without knowing.  Very good!  Actually, you are on to something.  Keep at it, please.



Quote from: zaai-three-nine on May 30, 2012, 10:19:12 am
it will take some time, especially with the total length of this animation.
Quote from: calico on May 29, 2012, 07:25:35 pm
Okay.  When is this going to be an animation?   :P  Looking forward to it.

for that last animation link: the animation didn't turn out completely the way i wanted it to be,  towards the ending, the sun goes below the horizon, yet the terrain is is still visible, it should be completely dark by the end, i only had one GI cache file for that animation, so i made a GI cache file sequence.

badger thinks it deserves a higher resolution, and i agree with him on that
that would mean a longer render time doing the sequence from my computer.




WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

Zairyn Arsyn

here is a screen of the RTA problem i have been having
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

Zairyn Arsyn

here is a short gif i did last weekend, using the transform shader on clouds

WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

Zairyn Arsyn

WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

Matt

Quote from: zaai-three-nine on May 31, 2012, 04:36:41 pm
here is a screen of the RTA problem i have been having


Any luck with the 'floor' parameter on the moon's atmosphere? Maybe try -100 (minus 100).

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Zairyn Arsyn

June 01, 2012, 10:59:46 pm #28 Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 11:24:00 pm by zaai-three-nine
no change, both the Floor on both atmosphere nodes were at their default -16000
changing the values to -100 yielded the same results too,

here you can see that it gets better the farther it gets from the edge.
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

Zairyn Arsyn

test animation

Freelancah's Planet Rings setup, modified a bit, added my  own planet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K6ILntXsjI&feature=plcp
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/