NWDA Road and Tarmac Pack featured in ezine

Started by plugsnpixels, May 15, 2012, 02:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plugsnpixels

New World Digital Art's Road and Tarmac Pack is featured in issue#20 of the free plugs 'N Pixels ezine.
Free digital imaging ezine
www.plugsandpixels.com

rcallicotte

Congrats to the makers of the Road and Tarmac Pack!  NWDA has done it again.    ;D
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

FrankB

plugsnpixels

You're welcome Frank, and thank you for participating!
www.plugsandpixels.com

plugsnpixels

The folks who make a competing terrain product weren't too happy with my back-to-back pages comparing their app's road making procedure with NWDA's... Granted, I created the competing app's renders myself the best I could following their tutorial and Frank provided his own, which I used for the background (I did the smaller ones).

Anyone else tried this spline feature in the other app? I offered to republish their page in my ezine with better results if they could provide them to me but got no reply for 2 months now.
www.plugsandpixels.com

Tangled-Universe

It probably crashed when they attempted to do it theirselves :)

FrankB

that's funny :-)
And even the supposedly good looking render result of the Road and Tarmack pack are nowhere near it could be. I think the best use of the pack was in my render with that white car on it. You know, that's the same image that we have on the NWDA Facebook page. See attached.

Tangled-Universe

I really need to make a serious attempt using this cool product.
After visiting Death Valley I think I should be able to cram out a very realistic image using this pack :)
Next, after my current little project is finished ;)

Cheers,
Martin

plugsnpixels

Thanks Frank, I hadn't seen that render ;-). All you need is a motion-blurred white car...

I'm working on my next ezine, do you have anything new to feature? The other company has a new .5 release and they might not come through for me again... ;-) I will ask though.
www.plugsandpixels.com

TheBadger

This is very funny :D Which issue was it?

This software competition makes me smile because I finely made the right choice between softwares ;D

It has been eaten.

Dune

And so you chose TG... and you're a good one to have on the forum  :P

yossam

I used Vue and Terragen both a long time ago. I was never satisfied with the results from Vue...........always thought it was my shortcomings not the software. I would probably still be using Vue if they hadn't got so ridiculus with their pricing. Terragen will always be my choice............. ;)

plugsnpixels

www.plugsandpixels.com