Our very own A4size has inadvertantly started an internet meme.

Started by cyphyr, May 21, 2012, 03:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

While it is regrettable that people are using your image without proper credits, I think you deserve congratulations for the sudden popularity of this great image of yours!

- Oshyan

Andrew March

Totally pointless trying to do anything about having your picture removed once it is the public domain, I have had images of mine used on other websites for years, no point getting upset about it, just accept that there are some twats around, move on and enjoy the praise.

penboack

It's a wonderful image.
Congratulations.
I also think that it is disgraceful that people are using your image without crediting you.
If the image is used commercially without your consent you should send them an invoice and follow up with legal if necessary.

It is possible to watermark images.
Details here:
http://www.digimarc.com/digimarc-for-images
Might be worth the price of admission.

Henry Blewer

I re-posted the link that was shared on FaceBook. It had your credits included. Your work is great!
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

bobbystahr

Quote from: CatfishEatist on May 21, 2012, 05:50:45 PM
Oh my... The recent eclipse caused A4's render of an eclipse to be stolen. But at least it's everywhere.
not so much stolen as no one is making any money on it....more like "shared" as is the new custom with images...if you don't want them shared don't post is what I tell folks who complain of image theft...it's the Wild West on the net to some degree still....we wouldn't allow it at Renderosity once a complaint was recieved but FaceCrack is another animal entirely
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

TheBadger

Bobby, do you work with Renderosity? I have some questions about that stuff, it would be nice to ask someone that I know is a real person. Do you mind if I PM you?

Sorry to highjack.
It has been eaten.