Colour variations for Walli's flowers

Started by pclavett, May 30, 2012, 08:04:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pclavett

Hi all !
Have started a thread for problems with creating new tgo files from old ones at this site: http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=14620.new#new
As stated in my last post, I was willing to share the variations if Walli had no problems and have obtained his permission to do so ! Therefore I thank Walli again for letting us enjoy his excellent work and permit me to share these variations for your enjoyment.
The file is large as it seems to have to transfer as a whole and moving things in and out seems to disconnect the relative tiffs and jpgs from their part and make thing relatively difficult to piece together.....or maybe I am doing this wrong ! You will find in this the entire Walli folder with my added variations in subfolders as tgc files but importing them as tgc's will bring in intact tgo files and as you will see in the thread, you can make populations by going into the internal network of the population node and substituting the imported tgc (appearing in fact as a tgo).
I am therefore making this available at my Mac Idisk site: https://files.me.com/pclavett/gdsfb3
The password is : terragen
You will only have this site for 30 days as mobileme dies at the end of June and appreciate any suggestions as to where we can share large files for free. This information would permit the file to be shared longer. Appreciate any suggestions.
Enjoy and have a nice day !
Paul

pclavett

Have tried the above links and everything seems to work fine with the folder coming intact and all the connections working for the files. The folder of yellow variations is empty as I had initially put Walli's originals in there but then got error messages after doing this...so took them out and they work fine outside the subfolder.....simply forgot to delete the empty folder !
Again will appreciate any suggestions for sharing this size file in 30 days when MobileMe dies......first bad thing Apple has done in years !!!
Thanks !
Paul

pclavett

Here is a trial of the transferred files with different colours and different models. All 4 models of Walli's flowers have 4 corresponding version in the different colours chosen.
Enjoy !
Paul

pclavett

Have figured out a more per permanent way of sharing the file ! Got the information that a site called Dropbox was available for up to 2GB for sharing files and got everything set up. The file is available at the link as follows (the link will bring you to a window with immediate download, no passwords needed) :
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/82361082/DNW_Flower%20copy.zip
Have a great day !
Paul

Kadri

Had no time to read all you said , but i wanted to say thanks pclavett  :)

masonspappy

A neat way to get variations from a single model!

bobbystahr

many thanks to both you and Walli for this useful package...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist