TG2 on TV?

Started by dhavalmistry, May 03, 2007, 07:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhavalmistry

Hi, I just got a Sumsung 40" LCD tv and I hooked up my computer to the tv via "PC Input"(using tv as monitor) and now everytime I try to open TG2...the program freezes...this only happens with TG2 but when I connect  my monitor and then try to open TG2...it works fine...

this is the same case with world machine too...

any ideas???.....my only guess is this is an open GL issue but I dont see why this should be happening

I am using vista ultimate

please help!  :'(
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Oshyan

Are you using it as a 2nd monitor? Do you have the latest drivers for your graphics card? Do you realize Vista sucks? ;)

- Oshyan

Harvey Birdman

Quote from: Oshyan on May 03, 2007, 09:28:29 PMDo you realize Vista sucks? ;)

- Oshyan

;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

Oh god, I think I'm gonna die laughing....

I'm a certified partner - I've had access to it since day one and I still haven't seen a reason to install it on a single machine. Did you see the posting on the GL site recently detailing performance characteristics of Vista vs XP? Best (meaningful) case was like 90% the performance of XP. And all that just so you can't copy your DVD's.

:D :D :D

Sorry, dhavalmistry. Please don't take it personally.

<edit>Too bad, actually - that would rock, having a 40" monitor.
</edit>

Oshyan

Hehe, yeah, let's not take the thread off topic though. Might be interesting to start another thread in open discussion on what people think of Vista in general...

- Oshyan

dhavalmistry

I am using it as my primary display device....although it is on input 2 on the back of my video card....

does it even make difference?...I mean...I have been using vista for a while now and open GL never game me any problems...its just this TV thing...dont know what to say!

and vista came with my machine so no reason to use xp when I already paid for vista...

Oshyan

Does the normal monitor hook up to input 2 as well? The reason I ask is that some graphics cards treat OpenGL on the secondary display device differently.

- Oshyan

dhavalmistry

I dont have any normal monitor hooked up...the only thing going from my videocard is the vga cable to TV

and I have BFG 7900 Ultra OC (512 MB SLI)

Oshyan

Yeah, I understand that, I mean when you hook up a monitor are you doing it on the same port? Also do any other video-related settings change between the two displays - bit depth, resolution, etc?

- Oshyan

dhavalmistry

I am sorry...I dont get it...can you rephrase your question please?

Oshyan

You originally said "when I connect  my monitor and then try to open TG2...it works fine..." So when you do that - hook up the other monitor - are you doing it on the same video/VGA output connector as you are hooking the TV up to (port 2 you said)?

Modern video cards and drivers usually will allow different resolution and/or bit depth settings for each monitor so it may also be that the graphics card is auto-adjusting for the TV and changing some setting that has an effect on this.

But all in all it seems *extremely* odd that it crashes with one monitor and not the other.

- Oshyan

dhavalmistry

no I havent tried using both monitors on same port..whend I connected my tv and my monitor...I set them to "clone" so both monitors have same resolution and same refresh rate...

Oshyan

I'm not sure you're understanding the question still. ;D I don't mean whether you've used both monitors *together*. I mean A: you hook up the TV to the graphics card and TG2 crashes on start. B: when you hook up the normal monitor and TG2 *doesn't* crash, are you hooking it up to the *same* video output on the graphics card as the TV was hooked up to when TG2 did crash?

- Oshyan

dhavalmistry

Oshyan

Can you tell me the video settings that are used when the TV is connected - resolution, bit-depth, refresh rate? And have you verified that you have the latest drivers?

- Oshyan

dhavalmistry

yes..I have the latest drivers....

1360 x 768
32 bit color
60 Hz