Element 3D Release Date! JULY 10th

Started by TheBadger, June 30, 2012, 01:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

TheBadger

What does this have to do with tg2?
Oh man!

Fireflies, and burning embers. Spores and rain! Close up dust! Insects and birds in motion. STARS, and shooting stars! All in a matter of minutes! Just for post though.
It has been eaten.

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

rcallicotte

TheBadger

Nice! And thats only the half of it. I'm looking forward to the rest. Not to mention the new learning center their making just for this product. I cant wait to use it for an idea I have had for a long time, with TG2 as the environment.
It has been eaten.

rcallicotte

TheBadger

Its very fast, yes.

One day to go. Need to learn how to make a environment map of my TG2 scenes for it.
It has been eaten.

rcallicotte

TheBadger

I went and got it. Couldn't stop my self. I'll let you know if I run into any problems once I get rolling in a day or two. Do the same if you pick it up.

Cheers.
It has been eaten.

rcallicotte

I'm waiting to save $$.  Let me know how much fun you have.  Andrew Kramer, besides being a genius, is pretty accessible.  I'm certain he might take a break for a few days, but I'm pretty sure you can find all sorts of help and resources from his site.  Maybe he'd even help, if you need it and ask.

Quote from: TheBadger on July 11, 2012, 03:06:52 AM
I went and got it. Couldn't stop my self. I'll let you know if I run into any problems once I get rolling in a day or two. Do the same if you pick it up.

Cheers.

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

rcallicotte

Yeah, and he apologized for the motion blur not looking realistic.  Still, even with that, it looks pretty good.

Quote from: TheBadger on July 12, 2012, 12:35:41 AM
ARRRRRAAAAAahahhahhaHAHHAHHARRR!!!!!!! :o 8) :'( :) ;D :D ;) :o

Its so FAST!

http://www.videocopilot.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Choppa_Get_In_wb.mov

N810

Wow  :o :o :o :o !!!!

That is some amazing software.
Hmmm... wonder what this button does....

TheBadger

Ok, I have been playing with this. And I have to say it was worth the hype and every penny!

This software can do far more than I had thought it would do. I think the coolist thing I'v learned how to do so far is turn any 2D logo into 3D in about 5 seconds flat :o.

Have not composited anything from Element into a TG2 scene yet, but really looking forward to it!

A few things I'm trying to work out is how to get wings to flap on an insect. I think a bird is out of the question, at least complex wing movements. But a House Fly or a Butter Fly, Dragon fly, Fire Fly, YES! I think I can make that work. One thing I can say for sure, is that element works! And its easy to understand!

Im going to start on a Butterfly model and a firefly model this weekend in my modeling program when I start rendering out a TG2 animation. If I can pull it off Ill share one or both of the models with the planetside community as a thank you for all the help and good shares you guys have been giving me.

Its either the bugs or a wood board-walk to use on your terrains. Whichever, I wouldn't hold my breath. I'm very slow the first time I do something ;)

Cheers
It has been eaten.

rcallicotte

Can't wait to see what you do.

Quote from: TheBadger on July 18, 2012, 06:47:16 PM
Ok, I have been playing with this. And I have to say it was worth the hype and every penny!

This software can do far more than I had thought it would do. I think the coolist thing I'v learned how to do so far is turn any 2D logo into 3D in about 5 seconds flat :o.

Have not composited anything from Element into a TG2 scene yet, but really looking forward to it!

A few things I'm trying to work out is how to get wings to flap on an insect. I think a bird is out of the question, at least complex wing movements. But a House Fly or a Butter Fly, Dragon fly, Fire Fly, YES! I think I can make that work. One thing I can say for sure, is that element works! And its easy to understand!

Im going to start on a Butterfly model and a firefly model this weekend in my modeling program when I start rendering out a TG2 animation. If I can pull it off Ill share one or both of the models with the planetside community as a thank you for all the help and good shares you guys have been giving me.

Its either the bugs or a wood board-walk to use on your terrains. Whichever, I wouldn't hold my breath. I'm very slow the first time I do something ;)

Cheers