I need some recommendations........

Started by yossam, July 16, 2012, 07:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yossam

My "old" Dell monitor is starting to give me some issues.........everything that I render is actually a whole lot "brighter" than what is showing on the screen. Giving me some big headaches.... >:(. It is a 19" monitor, and I'm wanting to go to about a 24". Anyone have any suggestions...............?

Also I would like some feedback concerning getting a LED or LCD TV with a PC input. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TheBadger

I use mac monitors. They are very good, but very pricey. Professional calibration can also be difficult. But really, when I use pro printers, what I see on screen is what I get in a print.

On the TV; LED!!!! They have the deep blacks of plasma, but non of the problems. Blacks on LCD suck! But LEDs are more expensive.

If you buy from "Best Buy", don't listen to anything they tell you, they will lie. Do your research! Consumer Reports is regarded as reliable.
It has been eaten.

yossam

I haven't bought anything from "Best Buy" in close to 10 years. They did the same thing then, and that was before their money problems. My son knows more about electronics than they do, and all he knows is the power button and volume control. I was going to check Consumer Reports also, but wanted to see if anyone had any real world recommendations. Thanks for the input.

Dune

I have a EIZO Flexscan S2431W, which I'm very happy with. Found this high quality thing after a lot of research on good screens.

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: Dune on July 17, 2012, 03:35:44 AM
I have a EIZO Flexscan S2431W, which I'm very happy with. Found this high quality thing after a lot of research on good screens.

Awesome screen, yet quite pricy isn't it? Around 800 euros (near 1000 USD)?

cyphyr

I have two Dell UltraSharp U2311H 23 and a KVM switch so I can use them as single monitors or dual as the mood suits :)
I think I paid about £200 for them a piece.
:)
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: cyphyr on July 17, 2012, 10:32:36 AM
I have two Dell UltraSharp U2311H 23 and a KVM switch so I can use them as single monitors or dual as the mood suits :)
I think I paid about £200 for them a piece.
:)
Richard

Dell screens are pretty good and definitely have a very good value for money.
I have a Samsung Syncmaster, still need to replace that some time, but together with a Datacolor Spyder Elite 4 I can still manage colours and contrasts very well.
I think that if you care about the accuracy of your image, even with a mid-range/high-range priced monitor, you should have a calibrator.
Just to make sure that what you see is correct and is also how others will see it. Or should ;)

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?