What mobile OS do you use?

Started by sjefen, July 18, 2012, 09:58:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I'm just curious about what mobile OS you guys are running =)

iOS
Android
Windows Phone
BlackBerry
Symbian
Rim
Bada

sjefen

Tell us which phone you use in the comments ;-)

Mine is a Galaxy Nexus
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

matrix2003

HTC Thunderbolt (my first droid device and could not be happier after suffering with Blackberries  :'( )
-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

Oshyan

Samsung Epic 4G (not the newer Epic 4G Touch) running CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3). It's nearly 2 years old now and has seen a lot of use, a fair amount of drops and tumbles, so it's got some little issues, and the battery no longer lasts as long as it did. But it still works great overall.

- Oshyan

FrankB

I wouldn't buy buy an Android phone. You could give me one for free I wouldn't want it.

(I have a Blackberry now, which I despise endlessly. What a crap phone, and believe me I didn't choose to have it. BUT, I'll be getting the next iPhone, so there is light at the end of the tunnel. The iPhone is the only way to go, for me.)

sjefen

ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

FrankB

Hi Terje,

for one, there have been too many phones becoming incompatible with newer (minor) versions of Android. I appreciate a longer maintenance of my device and the OS. Secondly, I'd like to support the innovator, which to me is Apple. Should they continue to innovate, I'll be supporting them. Thirdly, to me Android is the attempt of simply copying what Apple had imagined and created. Lastly, the iPhone and iOS are so perfectly suited and made for each other, that the user experience is simply superior. Very lastly, the price differences between iPhone (which I think is superior), and the latest Samsung and HTC phone is so marginal, it's not even tempting anymore from a cost perspective.

That's how I look at it.

Oh, and as a nice side effect, it just interacts seamlessly with my other Apple infrastructure, so again, no pain and struggle here either ;-)

Cheers,
Frank

mhall

I use both Android and iOS ... I have a couple of Android phones and a first gen iPad (as a photographer, it makes a great mini portfolio ... though those Retina displays would be even better). I use an HTC G2 and an HTC Rezound.

Not a fan of the Apple ecosystem myself.

Am considering a move to Windows Phone in the Fall or next year along with the purchase of a Surface Pro slate.

I'm personally still waiting for the "smartphone revolution" to offer me something I think is worthwhile. The only things I do with them are talk, text, very occassionally email/browse the web.

Looking forward to a slate that is a fully featured system when Windows 8 is released.

TheBadger

ios 3g. Havent decided if Ill get another smart phone when this one dies or not. Whatever I decide Im sure Im not keeping the same service provider!
It has been eaten.