Importing TGD's into MAX

Started by Aragon Speed, May 09, 2007, 01:06:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aragon Speed

A few days ago, while I was looking for something else, I found a small plug-in for 3DS Max on a forum that allowed you to import TG2 files. I thought I would come back and get it later. Can I find it again? No... ::)

If anybody knows where I can get this plug-in, could they post a link please.
'Sings we a dances of wolfs.
Who smells fear and slays the coward.
Sings we a dances of mans.
Who smells gold and slays his brother.'
Pagan saying.
Xtended Mod Website

Oshyan

Aragon Speed

'Sings we a dances of wolfs.
Who smells fear and slays the coward.
Sings we a dances of mans.
Who smells gold and slays his brother.'
Pagan saying.
Xtended Mod Website

DeathTwister

OMG your kidding right?, OMG I'm going there as well, Wow if they could do that, wow that would be more then interesting I think.

DT
Maylock Aromy DeathTwister Stansbury
ATOMIX Productions

1k0la

May be I just don't understand at all how the script from emecstudios works in 3ds max But Can someone make a mini tutorial on how it works?
I Saw someone who said this script works, so it's possible! :)

When I import my .chan file in Terragen 2 no animation is playing, my camera rest in same place from Frame 0 to 100 or either... May be it's juste a little thing to do or click...

I'm desperate because it's a wonderfull news to animate camera in Terragen2 before Final version coming :D

I used Terragen 2 to build landscape for a Short movie, but I've had to play a bit in compositing to fake 3D environnement :-S But it looks pretty good, good enough to be select in festivals ;)

apologize for my bad english

Thanks

gneale

You need to use a reference object in max to offset the camera animation data from.  The script basically uses this object as a reference point to 'measure' where it is in the scene at that specific frame, and outputs this info in the *.chan file you create on export.

-G

1k0la

xNickx

But how export terrain to 3ds MAX? I can export only sunlight...

gneale

The way we went about it was to export a very wide, top-down shot as a .lwo file.  We'd then export that out of Lightwave as a .obj object and import it into either maya or max (depending on the artist).  From there you have a relatively good approximation of the mesh to animate your camera from.  Then we'd just shoot the camera's channel data back into T2 and render it out from there.  Worked pretty good. 

-Geoff

MooseDog

Quote from: gneale on August 20, 2007, 02:28:27 PM
The way we went about it was to export a very wide, top-down shot as a .lwo file. 

nice one! ;D