TGD of my work "Wuhen Coast"

Started by Marcos Silveira, August 16, 2012, 06:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcos Silveira

That's it:

Andrew March

Officially my new Hero :D

Thanks man

Been meaning to ask you, is that Yul Brynner from the Ten commandments in your Avatar?

Marcos Silveira

Quote from: Andrew March on August 17, 2012, 12:04:04 AM
Officially my new Hero :D

Thanks man

Been meaning to ask you, is that Yul Brynner from the Ten commandments in your Avatar?

Yessss, the greatest "pharaoh" of all!!! 8)

choronr

Thank you for your file. Like those displacements of the fake stones.

Andrew March

Getting some strange results with this scene, if I change the image resolution to a widescreen shot, the second stone on the left gets cut off half way up, as if the renderer is forgetting it's there. It still adds the foliage but you can see the sky through the shrubs, very odd!

AndyWelder

Thank you for the file, ro-nin! Domo arigato!

QuoteGetting some strange results with this scene, if I change the image resolution to a widescreen shot, the second stone on the left gets cut off half way up, as if the renderer is forgetting it's there.
Had the same experience a couple of times with other renders. This seems to be the case when the displacements are a bit too wild at some places and is already discussed on several occasions in this forum. My work around is (after determining what shader is the culprit) lowering the displacement value and/or generate a new seed for that shader.
"Ik rotzooi maar wat aan" Karel Appel

j meyer

Or you could increase the displacement tolerance in the planet shader. ;)

Kadri

I had not a problem with this file. Interesting!

bobbystahr

Thanks for this. A real tutorial for me in the sky alone. I plan on learning a lot from this scene...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist