A Contest Idea!

Started by dhavalmistry, May 11, 2007, 10:11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhavalmistry

I am still not sure if we could do this as next contest(maybe too early at this stage) or if planetside staff would support in this, but here is the idea:

The objective of the contest would be to create a scene that would show off the ability of TG2TP in each area eg. Terrain displacements, fluffy clouds, water transparancy, multilayer texturing or anything else that cant be done by adding a terrain or a cloud layer or lake.

PRIZE?? (This is where planetside staff comes in)

The winner's rendering will be featured on top in TG2's OFFICIAL IMAGE GALLERY

I am not sure if this is a good idea or if someone else understood this better than what I have explained here and would like to expand on it, would be great! I am sorry my English is not at the highest level....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

DeathTwister

Hay all, morning dhava,

QuoteI am still not sure if we could do this as next contest(maybe too early at this stage) or if planetside staff would support in this, but here is the idea:
The objective of the contest would be to create a scene that would show off the ability of TG2TP in each area eg. Terrain displacements, fluffy clouds, water transparancy, multilayer texturing or anything else that cant be done by adding a terrain or a cloud layer or lake.

Humm, interesting idea, but that may be a bit bigger then some people have time to put in all in one contest.  Although it is a great killer idea? we could easily break that up into 2-3 contests and maybe make something that big a yearly contest.
I was thinking more in lines of say a Water Shader contest and some of the ideas people have had to make ocean waves and seafoam and spray? would be sweet, and get a discushion going to see how we could all share what we are learning together in posts and see what we all come up with as end products consulting and sharing.  Also MeltingIce could get some more tutorials out of it for the website as he needs to get new ones up as we have gone through all of them  :'(, so he could help in that manner as well I was thinking.

Another idea for a contest would be maybe use the glowing effects from tg v09 and transpose them over to tgd2.  Both rich2 and I have both been playing with ideas, and could be allot of fun for people as well as sharing and getting new tutorilas for meltingIce's website on Paths.  What ya think? all are good though /smiles. I can post the links from tg v09 if any of you need to see what I mean.

QuotePRIZE?? (This is where planetside staff comes in)

Prizes? Yum yum /smiles

QuoteThe winner's rendering will be featured on top in TG2's OFFICIAL IMAGE GALLERY

Now there is a thought /smiles, and maybe other goodies or kudo's in places.
Maybe if you are win? get on their Beta team for tgd2, now there would be one killer prize, and one I would fight for dearly for that one, as I am sure most would hahahaha/ winks.

QuoteI am not sure if this is a good idea or if someone else understood this better than what I have explained here and would like to expand on it, would be great! I am sorry my English is not at the highest level....
No you have a great idea brother, and should be concidered in one way or another or in part /smiles....I have yet to play with the transparent water effects, so that is interesting to me and maybe that one by itself could be a hoot to do?  Anyway I liked your ideas /smiles.

DeathTwisters Alley
Maylock Aromy DeathTwister Stansbury
ATOMIX Productions