snow path

Started by abuha, September 28, 2012, 11:29:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abuha

hi,

Just recently started playing with terragen.

used geocontrol to create the terrain. I will make the terrain displacement map available on my photography site if any one is interested.

any comments on how to improve the image are all greatly appreciated.

Tangled-Universe

Wow, the lighting looks really natural!
The snow seems more like ice to me, but all I can say is that it looks good and convincing.
I wonder how this would look all together with a slightly more plausible terrain.

abuha

thanks man

It does look rather like disturbed ice as if some one has been walking through it or at least I hope it does.

question...Is there any way of grouping/creating a container from the the separate texture/shader layers which can then be assigned to any terrain?

ps: some of your images are what made me interested in terragen.

Andrew March

Would love to take a look at the scene file for this, stunning!

Dune

I love the snow. It has indeed a crisp partly molten and refrozen appearance. But the terrain has been displaced too much from the map (spikes). I agree with TU about working on the (or a different) terrain and some more color variation in the soil and you'll have a great image. The clouds really add to this.

abuha

http://abu-h-a.com/free-stuff/

download the scene file from the link above. I am a noob so don't expect much in terms of complexity, yet. 

inkydigit

Quote from: abuha on September 28, 2012, 12:25:17 PM
thanks man

It does look rather like disturbed ice as if some one has been walking through it or at least I hope it does.

question...Is there any way of grouping/creating a container from the the separate texture/shader layers which can then be assigned to any terrain?

ps: some of your images are what made me interested in terragen.
Great image and welcome to the forums!
To save your surfaces and displacement layers you can just highlight the nodes you want, then save these as a clip file which you can then insert into any subsequent project you like...
Thanks for sharing I look forward to checking it and your site out too.
Cheers
:)

abuha

thanks, that will save me quite a lot of time.

ps, I like that fractal on your website!

Andrew March

Super, thanks for the share man. You are a star.

TheBadger

Snow is really good. Has a nice "wet" look. Like spring is coming. Thanks for sharing it.
It has been eaten.